COMPLETE: Ulysses, by James Joyce (special rules) - AF/hu

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

hugh wrote:post away ... all our content is public domain!
All our non-forum content is public domain. Our forum content is not public domain, but it is a public forum; the wiki pages are not precisely public domain either. I enjoy fine distinctions, not to argue about them, but just to notice them. I like line drawings, too. :D
Anita
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

why are the wiki pages not public domain?
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

hugh wrote:why are the wiki pages not public domain?
Oh! Well, if they *are* public domain, then I think we should oughta put a notice on those pages explaining that they are, so folks who offer up a tutorial or suchlike know clearly from the outset that they've just donated it to the public, stringlessly.

I'd assumed they were exactly the same as the forums.
Anita
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

i have no idea ;-) ... but i think the wiki (how-to etc info related to LV) is different from the forum, which is "personal" public communication.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

hugh wrote:i agree ... in fact i think one of the values of redoing it would be to produce chapters to replace the messier recordings (ie, mine).

though I am skeptical that this will make the project go more quickly.
i think i meant that editing would go much, much easier AND solo readings always go better in terms of coordinating & ending. certainly.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

hugh wrote:i have no idea ;-) ... but i think the wiki (how-to etc info related to LV) is different from the forum, which is "personal" public communication.
AAAhhhhh. That makes sense.
Anita
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

rita1075 has just sent me a pm and I must admit that up until now I hadn't realised just what a big deal Bloomsday was to so many people.
Various people had mentioned this project to me and my aversion to Ulysses had made me veer away from it even tho' I was intrigued by the special nature of the project.

As a result I realise very much that I need to ditch what I was going to do and should feature this project in this week's community podcast.

Sooooo
Could I make a special plea for an audio contribution from anyone who has taken part in this project so I can sew it together into a celebration of the completion of the project.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=75]Jim Mowatt[/url] - [url=http://historyzine.com]Historyzine - The History Podcast[/url]
dwaber

Post by dwaber »

The names of the people who recorded section 18 are:

Lauren Costanza, Jack Evans, Jennifer Hill-Kaucher, Christa
Manning, Kara Riepert, Cassandra Westover, and Dan Waber.

Regards,
Dan
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Cloud Mountain wrote:Personal comment:

I was very pleased to be a part of this wonderful production! 8) A great job done by all!

If we DO do Ulysses again, I believe it's important that it have no "special rules," that is, we should keep to the 1% rule. On a second go, a "serious" (normal LV) recording would be of greater value than producing an interpretive "novelty."

(And it would no doubt be produced more quickly, particularly if broken into subsections for more readers to participate.)

Why would that be important? I think it would be nice to have a 'serious' reading, but it would be equally nice to have other (even more) experimental versions.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

hugh wrote:i agree ... in fact i think one of the values of redoing it would be to produce chapters to replace the messier recordings (ie, mine).

though I am skeptical that this will make the project go more quickly.
Alas, I disagree. I'd never replace any of these recordings. Any additional recordings should be just that, additions.

However, I see no problem in getting a 'serious' collab project done in, say, six months, with sections divided appropriately and an enthusiastic, organised BC and possibly a bit of headhunting. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

dwaber wrote:The names of the people who recorded section 18 are:

Lauren Costanza, Jack Evans, Jennifer Hill-Kaucher, Christa
Manning, Kara Riepert, Cassandra Westover, and Dan Waber.

Regards,
Dan
Thank you, Dan. Do they have forum names, too? If not, I can include them in the catalogue page but not in the admin. Well, I could, with made-up forum names.
dwaber

Post by dwaber »

They do not have forum names, I believe I'm the only one of the group who does.

Regards,
Dan
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Alas, I disagree. I'd never replace any of these recordings. Any additional recordings should be just that, additions.
sorry I did not mean "replace"

I meant, it would be nice to have a clean reading of the book, as well as the chaotic one we have right now.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

hugh wrote:
sorry I did not mean "replace"

I meant, it would be nice to have a clean reading of the book, as well as the chaotic one we have right now.
And with that, I do agree. :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

dwaber wrote:They do not have forum names, I believe I'm the only one of the group who does.

Regards,
Dan
Thanks, Dan. I'll get that done later.