[SOLO] The annals of Ann by Kate Trimble Sharber - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

The annals of Ann by Kate Trimble Sharber ( - 0).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-annals-of-ann-by-kate-trimble-sharber/
( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/annalsofann00shariala
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The annals of Ann. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The annals of Ann, by Kate Trimble Sharber. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The annals of Ann by Kate Trimble Sharber. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The annals of Ann, by Kate Trimble Sharber. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename annalsofann_##_sharber_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. annalsofann_01_sharber_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Kate Trimble Sharber
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The annals of Ann

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

In case you missed reading my response in your other thread i'll say it again.
First thing you need to do is get your recording OK . If you have lost your welcome email please check out http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Main_Page#Volunteering and do the test so any necessary tweaking can be done

After that has been OKed the best thing to do is to read something in the readers wanted forums.

Anne
_________
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

Hi Anne,
I do have experience with recording just not with this account. I have previously participated in different projects here with my other account. Should I still record anything or can I start going SOLO?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Why did you make a new account? I hope you're not under a witness protection program :wink:

I don't know when you have recorded for us before, but if your setup has changed from then to now, it may be a good idea to give it a quick check just to make sure.

Otherwise I think it's fine to start with a solo rightaway.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

I just forgot with what email my other account was since it was a long time ago. :oops:
Sure, I just checked the settings and everything is fine.
So I will start working on The annals of Ann
Thanks again :wink:
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

Are you going to be my MC?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

If you prefer to use your old account (which may be nice for your old fans to see that you're back :wink: ), send me a quick pm with your old forum name and I'll see what I can do.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

I am fine with this account since it is connected with my new email. Thanks tho.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I see you've recorded 11 sections in 2015 as sainaghadiany . Would you like them to have the same catalogue name as now? We probably could do it . You will need to decide how many sections you want , I am full up on MC projects at the moment

Anne
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

Oh yeah that's me. Great. I would love to have them under my current username.
So can I start the annals of Ann and upload the files here? Or should I wait for an MC to put their initialize in the subject?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You can't upload anything till you have an MC :D . You could read them and upload when you have an MC
I'll see if it's possible to fix your alter ego

Anne
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hi, I can MC this for you :) How many sections do you want to start out with? We can add or delete as needed, I just need an estimate.
Kathrine
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

Hi.
YAY Awesome.
I think we could go with 13 sections since there are 13 chapters in the book and then see how it goes.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Ok :) Here is a Magic Window!

This will be a long post with lots of house-keeping. *deep breath*

First a couple of questions:
- It looks like you had written a little bit of a summary (though it is not in the first post now). Was that your own summary, or did you get it from elsewhere? I just have to be sure it is public domain.

- Are you using the same recording equipment/setup as when you recorded before? You might want to just do a quick 1 minute test to make sure the technical settings are (still) correct. It is definitely better to make sure before embarking on a long chapter ;) You can post it over in Listeners and Editors Wanted, or here in the thread (and I'll check it).

- At some stage, before cataloging, you can let me know what genre and keywords fit best for this book. :) No rush!

And here is information:
As a soloist, you are your own BC (book coordinator). That means that you fill out the MW (magic window) and paste the recording(s) there once you have uploaded it/them with the duration of the file.

Here is an explanation for how to log in to the MW for the first time:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

Here is a document that explains the what and the how of being a BC:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

Or, if you prefer a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9H99OSKKA4&feature=youtu.be. The first part of it concerns how to fill out the template (which you already did), but the second part of the movie is about filling out the MW and keeping it up to date.

I'll add a ~ to the subject line, that means that this project is looking for a DPL (dedicated prooflistener), someone who will listen to all your recordings and make sure all is good. :thumbs:

Please just post in the thread if you have questions, I check in frequently :wink:

We will stay in the Launch Pad till I know you have managed to log in to the MW. Later on we'll move to Going Solo

ETA:
It is optional to put in the ID3 tags -- they are put in automatically when the whole project is finished and I move it over to the catalog. So you can safely ignore the information about id3 tags in the first post :) (some readers like to put them in in order to have the information in the files for later)
Kathrine
ghadianysaina

Post by ghadianysaina »

Hey. I just recorded a short part so you could check out if everything is fine for me to start the recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/annalsofann_01_sharber_128kb.mp3