LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 11th, 2017, 12:17 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 18  [ 267 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: May 24th, 2017, 8:43 pm 

Joined: October 13th, 2013, 2:31 pm
Posts: 3085
Location: In My Father's Hands
I'd like to do this play:
Quote:
*The Proving of Abraham by Rita Benton
*http://www.gutenberg.org/files/46419/46419-h/46419-h.htm#PROVING_OF_ABRAHAM
*n/a (death date unknown)
*n/a
*five
*1922
*narrator, Abraham, Isaac, Messenger, Prologue/Epilogue/Servant

Thanks! :)

_________________
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides

Last three roles! Spanish Brothers


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 25th, 2017, 1:52 am 

Joined: May 18th, 2017, 5:53 am
Posts: 231
ChuckW wrote:
RecordingPerson wrote:
Ah, I read through and I think I found all of Tom's lines. Hopefully I won't have missed any when this gets to the proofreading stage.

Is this audio too reverby?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays010_people_glaspell_tomhowe_128kb.mp3 (0m51s)

(Note: I didn't add the reverb artificially. This is the natural reverb from the room where I recorded.)


Sorry I'm just now getting to this. It kinda got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately.

Great reading, all in all! :thumbs: In the future, however, make sure you leave about 2-3 seconds of silence in-between each line. Obviously not a big deal in this case, since the role is relatively small. But just keep it in mind next time.

Only one error that I could find...

0:28 - Sorry to butt in, but I can still get that job on The Evening World. If this paper is going to stop, I’ve got to know. (missing the second half of this line.)


Thanks. I've edited the file and inserted two missed lines. (As well as the one you pointed out, I missed out a part of another line as well.) I've put some extra gaps in. In one case the gap is less than two seconds as I had to move part of a line to improve 'internal line timing' and with a now multitrack session I wanted to avoid too much shuffling in case I caused errors elsewhere. The editing was a bit tricky because of the long reverb in this room. (I'm not going to use it again.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays010_people_glaspell_tomhowe_128kb.mp3 1m07s

In terms of the performance, even without being able to make my voice too printerish, I can see places where a different intonation and certainly more cynicism would have helped. However, if this is OK, I'd prefer to use that as a lesson for the future, rather than spending too much time spinning my wheels on one part. However, if anyone thinks that it would help to have another go from scratch on this role, please say.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 29th, 2017, 10:54 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6311
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Here are Edward and Uncle George.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_unclegeorge_glaspell.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thepeople_edward_glaspell.mp3

I guess these plays were written before subtlety had been invented. Or at least before Glaspell learned it.

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (Full) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Cabinet Minister Best Doctor (Full) Pinero - A Study Twin-Rivals


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 2:46 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
RecordingPerson wrote:
ChuckW wrote:
RecordingPerson wrote:
Ah, I read through and I think I found all of Tom's lines. Hopefully I won't have missed any when this gets to the proofreading stage.

Is this audio too reverby?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays010_people_glaspell_tomhowe_128kb.mp3 (0m51s)

(Note: I didn't add the reverb artificially. This is the natural reverb from the room where I recorded.)


Sorry I'm just now getting to this. It kinda got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately.

Great reading, all in all! :thumbs: In the future, however, make sure you leave about 2-3 seconds of silence in-between each line. Obviously not a big deal in this case, since the role is relatively small. But just keep it in mind next time.

Only one error that I could find...

0:28 - Sorry to butt in, but I can still get that job on The Evening World. If this paper is going to stop, I’ve got to know. (missing the second half of this line.)


Thanks. I've edited the file and inserted two missed lines. (As well as the one you pointed out, I missed out a part of another line as well.) I've put some extra gaps in. In one case the gap is less than two seconds as I had to move part of a line to improve 'internal line timing' and with a now multitrack session I wanted to avoid too much shuffling in case I caused errors elsewhere. The editing was a bit tricky because of the long reverb in this room. (I'm not going to use it again.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays010_people_glaspell_tomhowe_128kb.mp3 1m07s

In terms of the performance, even without being able to make my voice too printerish, I can see places where a different intonation and certainly more cynicism would have helped. However, if this is OK, I'd prefer to use that as a lesson for the future, rather than spending too much time spinning my wheels on one part. However, if anyone thinks that it would help to have another go from scratch on this role, please say.


Thanks! This is PL OK, as far as I can tell. But I'm curious... which line did I miss? :-)

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 2:46 pm 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
EstherbenSimonides wrote:
I'd like to do this play:
Quote:
*The Proving of Abraham by Rita Benton
*http://www.gutenberg.org/files/46419/46419-h/46419-h.htm#PROVING_OF_ABRAHAM
*n/a (death date unknown)
*n/a
*five
*1922
*narrator, Abraham, Isaac, Messenger, Prologue/Epilogue/Servant

Thanks! :)


Thanks I will add this to the MW

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 2:51 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
ToddHW wrote:
Here are Edward and Uncle George.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_unclegeorge_glaspell.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thepeople_edward_glaspell.mp3

I guess these plays were written before subtlety had been invented. Or at least before Glaspell learned it.

Thanks, Todd


Can't speak for Close the Book, but The People is indeed hella didactic. I've been trying to do all of Glaspell's one acts for a while, but put this one off for a reason. (Although I suppose it might be a more "timely" selection now, all things considered.)

Thanks Todd. I'll PL this whenever I get a chance.

Meanwhile, I've also recorded my own role for this play.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/people_oscar_glaspell.mp3

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Last edited by ChuckW on May 30th, 2017, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 3:16 pm 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
ChuckW wrote:

Hi I will PL this for you

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 3:49 pm 

Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Posts: 1014
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine USA
Does anyone know when sections 44 and 45 may be PL'd? .... they were uploaded 3 weeks ago.

I ask only, as if they need any edits, it gets difficult to replicate a "voice" this far out after it was recorded.

Thank you!

Nemo


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 5:03 pm 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
NemoR wrote:
Does anyone know when sections 44 and 45 may be PL'd? .... they were uploaded 3 weeks ago.

I ask only, as if they need any edits, it gets difficult to replicate a "voice" this far out after it was recorded.

Thank you!

Nemo


Yes my apologies I have had some personal bereavement and so have not been focused on here. I am catching up on outstanding PL so will get to it in the next couple of days
Thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 1st, 2017, 11:07 am 

Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Posts: 1662
Location: Pearl near the Sea
Peter Gillane PL OK.

_________________
~Nastya
紫猫


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 2nd, 2017, 8:57 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
PL Notes for Mrs Byrd

Mrs Byrd
Missing line
3:11
Turn to your own family history and read a little fine print in it.

Senator Byrd is PL OK thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 2nd, 2017, 9:00 am 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
wib66 wrote:


Thank you so much... although, if you can't find the time, I don't mind double-checking it during the editing process.

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 2nd, 2017, 9:05 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
Uncle George is PL OK thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 2nd, 2017, 9:15 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
ChuckW wrote:
wib66 wrote:


Thank you so much... although, if you can't find the time, I don't mind double-checking it during the editing process.


Hi Chuck
No problem all done just one missing line

PL Notes Oscar
3:58 missing line
That’s where the fault lies


Thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 2nd, 2017, 6:29 pm 

Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Downeast Maine, USA
Michele, spot PL for Mrs. Byrd: around 3:05

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_mrsstatesenatorbyrd_glaspell.mp3

_________________
Eva Davis


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group