COMPLETE[Plays] One Act Play Collection 010 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

Ah, I read through and I think I found all of Tom's lines. Hopefully I won't have missed any when this gets to the proofreading stage.

Is this audio too reverby?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays010_people_glaspell_tomhowe_128kb.mp3 (0m51s)

(Note: I didn't add the reverb artificially. This is the natural reverb from the room where I recorded.)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

RecordingPerson wrote:Ah, I read through and I think I found all of Tom's lines. Hopefully I won't have missed any when this gets to the proofreading stage.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays010_people_glaspell_tomhowe_128kb.mp3 (0m51s)

(Note: I didn't add the reverb artificially. This is the natural reverb from the room where I recorded.)
Thanks for the recording! I'll try to PL this whenever I get a free moment.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
RecordingPerson

Is there anyone managing plays that would like to grab me for a small role?

I know that I'm supposed to volunteer, but due to my inexperience it might be best for those with more knowledge to decide where I can be applied.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RecordingPerson wrote:Is there anyone managing plays that would like to grab me for a small role?

I know that I'm supposed to volunteer, but due to my inexperience it might be best for those with more knowledge to decide where I can be applied.
:mrgreen: well since you're asking, actually two of those plays I am PLing still have some small roles open:

Paul Jones by Alexandre Dumas: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=63812
> the small roles are either Mr de la Jarry or Mr de Nozay. They are both your basic snobbish aristocratic, so you get the picture

> there are also two bigger roles if you prefer to try that: if you like to play an old Marquis, that is kept in his insane status, grab the role of the Marquis d'Auray

> if you like to be the old, ever faithful servant, keeper of a huge secret, take Louis Achard. But this is quite a big role, so you are forewarned

Also there is The Schoolmistress: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=63814
> two minor roles are Goff or Jaffray, some sort of firemen, saving the day in Act 2

> a bit of a bigger role is Tyler, you basic bumbling servant, who burns the house down

Sonia
RecordingPerson

Thanks. I actually meant roles in this collection, but other plays works for me as well. I've applied for two of the roles you recommended. I think it's better to stay with small roles now, so I applied for Mr De Nozay and Goff, even though Tyler is probably closer to me in real life.

I've got quite a few roles outstanding at present, so I'll wait until I've processed those before asking for any more.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

RecordingPerson wrote:Thanks. I actually meant roles in this collection, but other plays works for me as well. I've applied for two of the roles you recommended. I think it's better to stay with small roles now, so I applied for Mr De Nozay and Goff, even though Tyler is probably closer to me in real life.

I've got quite a few roles outstanding at present, so I'll wait until I've processed those before asking for any more.
I think the only play in this collection that needs additional male readers is Cathleen ni Houlihan. We've actually got seven more slots to fill in this collection; I'm actually surprised more people haven't volunteered to BC a one act. These collections, from my experience, usually fill up pretty quickly. (Which means I might have to start picking through one act plays, checking to see if there's anything else I'd like to do...).
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
RecordingPerson

ChuckW wrote: I think the only play in this collection that needs additional male readers is Cathleen ni Houlihan. We've actually got seven more slots to fill in this collection; I'm actually surprised more people haven't volunteered to BC a one act. These collections, from my experience, usually fill up pretty quickly. (Which means I might have to start picking through one act plays, checking to see if there's anything else I'd like to do...).
Peter and Michael are big roles. It would be ridiculous for me to play Patrick, a 12 year old! Michael would be a stretch!

I'm a bit hesitant to take on a big role in case I end up letting people down. I'd prefer shorter roles that I can bang out in a bit of spare time. (Or, should I be putting more preparation in?)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

RecordingPerson wrote:
ChuckW wrote: I think the only play in this collection that needs additional male readers is Cathleen ni Houlihan. We've actually got seven more slots to fill in this collection; I'm actually surprised more people haven't volunteered to BC a one act. These collections, from my experience, usually fill up pretty quickly. (Which means I might have to start picking through one act plays, checking to see if there's anything else I'd like to do...).
Peter and Michael are big roles. It would be ridiculous for me to play Patrick, a 12 year old! Michael would be a stretch!

I'm a bit hesitant to take on a big role in case I end up letting people down. I'd prefer shorter roles that I can bang out in a bit of spare time. (Or, should I be putting more preparation in?)
I assure you, you will not let anyone down. :-)

Seriously. We're all very non-judgmental and enthusiastic about anyone willing to record for us, regardless of their acting/voiceover experience (or lack thereof). Move at your own pace, certainly, but I don't think you should worry about "letting us down."

(Well, unless you claim a role and just don't record anything... then we'd probably be let down.)
PROJECTS
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

What Chuck just said. It is always great to have a new reader grab a part in a play and do a wonderful job - it means we have you hooked for life!

By the way, many of our plays are gender neutral for many or even all the characters.

Thanks, Todd

(Note the the Dickens in my signature is a lot of short scenes if you want to try some of those out.)
RecordingPerson

I think I've now done everything I signed up for, and am 'up to date'. I imagine I'll get some time to do something tomorrow, but I'll look around to see what. I'll have another look at Cathleen ni Houlihan and see if I could do Peter, but please don't sign me up just yet.
RecordingPerson

Hi all. I note that my role of Tom Howe, Printer, is still listed as 'Open' in the magic window.
RecordingPerson

I didn't want to claim a big role and then not get around to doing it. Here's a version of Peter Gillane from CATHLEEN NI HOULIHAN. If this is acceptable, then I think that I auto-claim the role by submitting the file?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/catherinelihoolihan_petergillane_yeats.mp3 4m44s
Garremania

Post by Garremania »

I'd like to claim the role of Mrs Peyton his Grandmother(41) in Close The Book
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Garremania wrote:I'd like to claim the role of Mrs Peyton his Grandmother(41) in Close The Book
thanks I will sign you up to that section
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

RecordingPerson wrote:Ah, I read through and I think I found all of Tom's lines. Hopefully I won't have missed any when this gets to the proofreading stage.

Sorry I'm just now getting to this. It kinda got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately.

Great reading, all in all! :thumbs: In the future, however, make sure you leave about 2-3 seconds of silence in-between each line. Obviously not a big deal in this case, since the role is relatively small. But just keep it in mind next time.

Only one error that I could find...

0:28 - Sorry to butt in, but I can still get that job on The Evening World. If this paper is going to stop, I’ve got to know. (missing the second half of this line.)
PROJECTS