COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

sashelliott wrote:Hi,

I have completed and attached section 52- A Child below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_child_52.mp3 Length: 00:20

Thanks,
Sash
Thank you!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

EDIT: Pronunciation Guide found on page 2!
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

RecordingPerson wrote:I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

All yours! Thanks. :) Is this your first recording? How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
Mary

RecordingPerson

HoosierMary wrote:
RecordingPerson wrote:I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

All yours! Thanks. :) Is this your first recording? How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
In the catalogue as RecordingPerson please.

When you say 'Is this your first recording?' - that depends on what you mean. I did record a few things for LibriVox many years ago, but have forgotten everything. In general I have considerable experience in audio recording, but I was hoping to submit a few small things using a basic setup before I set up properly here (AKA find my proper audio interface). My current setup is as per my one minute recording here which I don't think is impossibly bad.
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

RecordingPerson wrote:
HoosierMary wrote:

In the catalogue as RecordingPerson please.

When you say 'Is this your first recording?' - that depends on what you mean. I did record a few things for LibriVox many years ago, but have forgotten everything. In general I have considerable experience in audio recording, but I was hoping to submit a few small things using a basic setup before I set up properly here (AKA find my proper audio interface). My current setup is as per my one minute recording here which I don't think is impossibly bad.
Great! What I meant was basically just that you're not in the catalog yet so I had to add you in order to assign you the section. But if you've already tested your set-up, I'll just add you and you should be good to go. :)
Mary

RecordingPerson

HoosierMary wrote: Great! What I meant was basically just that you're not in the catalog yet so I had to add you in order to assign you the section. But if you've already tested your set-up, I'll just add you and you should be good to go. :)
I'm still waiting on feedback for the one-minute recording. (Though, it passes Checker's tests). I'm going to find the names I need to say in the Russian pronunciation guide ready for when I'm good to go. But, it's getting late and my partner will be annoyed if I start making too much noise late at night :) Maybe tomorrow.
RecordingPerson

My one-minute recording has received feedback.

This is my first recording of Huckster. As my partner had gone upstairs to bed I recorded this in the kitchen as it's furtherest away from resting people. But, the ambience there doesn't sound good. I'm not sure of my Russian pronunciation. Please feel free to reject this and ask me to record again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crime_punishment_huckster_ch5.mp3
codigoyarte

Post by codigoyarte »

Hi, RecordingPerson,
I heard to your recording. It is great. You are right that you have much "English" accent in the Russian wordings, but it's quite OK for someone who has never been to Russia or learnt Russian.
Congratulations. :clap:
If you wonder what does a Spanish guy correcting the Russian accent of an English-speaker... :roll:
... I have lived for many years in Moscow and learnt Russian in the streets, and corrected my grammar afterwards, so my accent is quite good (I think!)
:D
RecordingPerson

Thanks. I'm only looking for minor roles at the moment. I'm thinking that if I don't do a good job of them, then at least it's not a major flaw for the recording.
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

RecordingPerson wrote:My one-minute recording has received feedback.

This is my first recording of Huckster. As my partner had gone upstairs to bed I recorded this in the kitchen as it's furtherest away from resting people. But, the ambience there doesn't sound good. I'm not sure of my Russian pronunciation. Please feel free to reject this and ask me to record again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crime_punishment_huckster_ch5.mp3
Thank you!
Mary

HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

FYI to everyone: I'll be travelling this weekend and might not respond to new posts until Monday.
Mary

MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Unless there are any issues with this, I'd like to claim the following small parts:

Sections 7, 30, 47, 48, 53, 56 (this should help with assigning)

The roles are:
7. Koch (Ch 7)
30. Duclida (Ch 13)
47. Commissariat Clerk (Ch 28)
48. Policeman 2 (Ch 31)
53. A Soldier (Ch 37)
56. Clerk 2 (Ch 39)
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

MrsHand wrote:Unless there are any issues with this, I'd like to claim the following small parts:

Sections 7, 30, 47, 48, 53, 56 (this should help with assigning)

The roles are:
7. Koch (Ch 7)
30. Duclida (Ch 13)
47. Commissariat Clerk (Ch 28)
48. Policeman 2 (Ch 31)
53. A Soldier (Ch 37)
56. Clerk 2 (Ch 39)
All yours! Thanks.
Mary