greetings from virginia.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
srselisker

Post by srselisker »

Hello, Librivox!

I'm a graduate student in American literature and an avid audiobook listener. I discovered Librivox close to a year ago, and I've listened to a wide variety of fiction, poetry, and philosophy since. I've used Librivox to study for my comprehensive exams, and I've sent my students links to Librivox versions of assigned texts. As a teacher of literature, I feel like audiobooks are a fantastic (and underrated) medium and a great pedagogical tool. They also help me work on my own "shelf of shame" ...

I'm mostly interested in reading American fiction and continental and American philosophy for Librivox. At some point this week, I'll be ordering a headset USB mic (I'll look in the forums .. one with a long cord for [very quiet] pacing would be my ideal). Perhaps I can get started on a weekly poetry or a short story (Melville?) or short essay or book chapter (Wm James, Nietzsche?). I'll hope to find an open project in the forums while I wait for the mic to arrive...

Looking forward to working with you all here!

Best,
Scott
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Welcome, Scott!
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome Scott,

Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Welcome Scott. American fiction interests you? Try The Last of the Mohicans

The short poetry collections are a good place to start as you can test your recording setup before embarking on a longer piece.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Welcome and Enjoy Scott. Short Stories are great to get your feet wet and the Librivox Wiki has loads of information.

Lucy
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]