[COMPLETEGroup, Teen Adventure] The Child of the Moat, Holborn - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kate! This is in the MW. :thumbs:
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Can I take Chapter 19 & 20 ?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sure! Thanks Larry!

I'll update the MW soon...
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Beth,

as I had a bit of time this morning, I took the liberty to listen to Linny's final two chapters, to help out with PLing a bit here.

I enjoyed your reading very much, Linny :9: you emphasize on the right spots and you don't speak too fast (which for me is easier to listen to and concentrate). Also, I barely found errors, so it was very agreeable to PL.

Chapter 30 is perfect and can be marked PL ok.

For Chapter 29, however, I have two little PL notes, which could be considered:

> at 2:56: “Master Richard had met her in York” – I listened to this 4 times and I still hear “New York”. If I’m mistaken, you can leave it, but I think you said the wrong city. :?

> at 22:50: in the Latin quotation “Benedicat vos omnipotens Deus, in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen” for some reason you put an ‘a’ behind almost every word. Was there a special reason for this ? :hmm:

I try to PL Kate's two chapters as well, if I still find some time today.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished the other two as well :)

Hey Kate, nice to hear your voice outside Disraeli’s for once. :9: Loved your reading, especially that you read in character for the different direct speeches. This makes the whole text lively to listen to. :thumbs:

I wonder if you ever considered helping out in our Drama Forum ? (I can't resist advertising for that forum :mrgreen: )

And woah chapter 7 was heavy, so Andrew has no scruples killing a young girl. :shock: Didn’t expect that ending. But since I listened to the final chapters already, I know she will not die, hehe.

Both Chapters 7 and 9 are PL ok.

With that you are up-to-date as far as I can see. Pleasure to help out. :)

Sonia
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kitty wrote:finished the other two as well :)

Hey Kate, nice to hear your voice outside Disraeli’s for once. :9: Loved your reading, especially that you read in character for the different direct speeches. This makes the whole text lively to listen to. :thumbs:

I wonder if you ever considered helping out in our Drama Forum ? (I can't resist advertising for that forum :mrgreen: )

And woah chapter 7 was heavy, so Andrew has no scruples killing a young girl. :shock: Didn’t expect that ending. But since I listened to the final chapters already, I know she will not die, hehe.

Both Chapters 7 and 9 are PL ok.

With that you are up-to-date as far as I can see. Pleasure to help out. :)

Sonia
Thanks much, Sonia. It's good to check those off as done. I'll take a look at the drama forum when I look for my next project. I've been really enjoying doing short stories lately, and of course, this story is fun and a good one for really emoting.
Kate Follis
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Sonia! MW is updated!
linny

Post by linny »

Kitty wrote:For Chapter 29, however, I have two little PL notes, which could be considered:

> at 2:56: “Master Richard had met her in York” – I listened to this 4 times and I still hear “New York”. If I’m mistaken, you can leave it, but I think you said the wrong city. :?

> at 22:50: in the Latin quotation “Benedicat vos omnipotens Deus, in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen” for some reason you put an ‘a’ behind almost every word. Was there a special reason for this ? :hmm:
Sonia,
Thank you very much for fitting these chapters in. I greatly appreciate your time.

Section 29 corrected: https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/childofthemoat_29_holborn_128kb.mp3 24:39

Replaced: 2:55 – 3:02 Master Richard had met her in York and against all the wishes of his parents had insisted on marring her.

As for the other, well, I thought that's what it sounded like on translate google. If it's close enough I'd like to leave it as is. This quote I discovered after the claim and I almost gave back the entire chapter because of it. If it's not close enough I'll struggle through again but my husband who was raised Catholic thought it was ok and I think Beth did as well. <sigh> Oh well, let me know what I should do.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote:As for the other, well, I thought that's what it sounded like on translate google. If it's close enough I'd like to leave it as is. This quote I discovered after the claim and I almost gave back the entire chapter because of it. If it's not close enough I'll struggle through again but my husband who was raised Catholic thought it was ok and I think Beth did as well. <sigh> Oh well, let me know what I should do.
ah google translate ;) that explains it. Well I had to listen to this myself just now and I don't hear this pronounced 'a' at the end, maybe a slight glottal stopped 'eh', but that can be due to the computer-voice. And maybe the rules in English speaking countries are different than from what I learnt in school. :hmm: Anyway, none of us is a native ancient Roman, so I'm sure yours is fine too.

York is nicely corrected, so this can be marked PL ok.

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks very much linny and Kitty! For us non-Italian non-latin speakers I'm not going to be too fussy with the pronunciations. We all give it our best shot! MW is now updated with Section 29 marked PL OK! :thumbs:
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

I'll keep the story going and claim sections 10, 11 and 12.
Kate Follis
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant! Love your work!
TrishEM

Post by TrishEM »

linny wrote:
TrishEM wrote:Hi! Chapter 3 is finally ready to be checked. Length is 48:40.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/childofthemoat_03_holborn_128kb.mp3
Hi Trish,
Great job! 2 minor corrections needed and you'll be all set.

0:25 missing part of the intro - "Chapter 3 of The Child of the Moat. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say: "The Child of the Moat, by Ian Bernard Stoughton Holborn. Chapter 3 Hate and Love"

Please trim ending silence to 5 seconds.

Sorry I missed this before now. I edited as directed and re-uploaded the file. Its length is now 48:15.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/childofthemoat_03_holborn_128kb.mp3
"Nobody but a lay-out man knows what a lay-out man's feelings is [sic]."
-- Mr. Tallboy in "Murder Must Advertise" by Dorothy Sayers