COMPLETE [SS] Household Tales, by the Brothers Grimm - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Peter Why wrote:I was curious about the "cliff hanger" of The Golden Box, and went to read it. I wonder why they put it in the collection?
maybe people back then round the fireside were supposed to discuss what would be in it. It's a sort of socializing event :hmm:
In the MW, it's given as 7 m 23 secs, but from the entry in this thread, it's only 1m 33.
:shock: thanks ! my mistake. I'll correct it immediately. Don't know what happened there.

Sonia
Thandersen

Post by Thandersen »

I would like to claim part 20, The Valiant Little Tailor
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Rumplestiltskin
6:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_055_grimm_128kb.mp3

Ok good. I'm glad I don't have to say the German names. I felt bad cuz I thought I probably butchered them. But I did my best lol.

Now I only took out the German name, I didnt mess with any sound stuff so it should be good now lol (fingers crossed)

I fixed 055, but for some reason I couldn't open 200 (The Golden Key). This happened to me in a different book. Is there anything you can do on your end?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pjcsaville wrote:Now I only took out the German name, I didnt mess with any sound stuff so it should be good now lol (fingers crossed)

I fixed 055, but for some reason I couldn't open 200 (The Golden Key). This happened to me in a different book. Is there anything you can do on your end?
thank you, yes 55 is now PL ok

strange, I just downloaded 200 and it worked fine. I deleted the German title myself and reuploaded, here it is. Maybe YOU can check if it works this time and if I deleted it ok :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_200_grimm_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:31 min

Sonia
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

To reply to your earlier post about The Golden Key, I used to read that story to my students and I made it a writing assignment on what was in the box. They came up with some interesting ideas!
So is the story PL OK then?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pjcsaville wrote:To reply to your earlier post about The Golden Key, I used to read that story to my students and I made it a writing assignment on what was in the box. They came up with some interesting ideas!
yes maybe that was the original idea, to incite people to come up with their own ideas
So is the story PL OK then?
yes I deleted the German title. I can mark it PL ok now

Sonia
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Ok thank you!!
I will try and get The Elves finished today, and maybe one of the other ones too if I can.
CaptainFelix1368

Post by CaptainFelix1368 »

Hello Kitty. I'm a brand newbie at this & even though I got the 1 minute test down to pat, I want to do story 21-Cinderella but I dunno... is this story too much for me to handle? Well I'll be doing it regardless & I don't care what the 3 ugly b****** have to say! Anyway, I'd like my pseudo to be theofromhebersham if that's ok by you. See you on the other side.
Best regards, :thumbs:
Theo van Mierlo
Thandersen

Post by Thandersen »

Hey, not sure if you saw my post from earlier, but I would like to claim part 20, The Valiant Little Tailor
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm just going back through posts and updating the MW now - you're in for Section 20, record when ready! :thumbs:
Thandersen

Post by Thandersen »

Elizabby wrote:I'm just going back through posts and updating the MW now - you're in for Section 20, record when ready! :thumbs:
Thank you! I've been getting into Grimm's fairly tales lately and The Valiant Little Tailor is a personal favourite of mine from my childhood, so I'm very excited about this :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Theo! You can have Story 21, but please get your 1-min test fully OK before recording for this project. I'll add your username to the database tomorrow - I can't do that on my phone.
CaptainFelix1368

Post by CaptainFelix1368 »

Hello Elizabby. Thanks for that! I txted tovarich about my 1 minute test & he said it was ok. I have a new & better one that I did recently so I'll post it to him again & you can have a quick look & see if you like it b4 I begin.

I thought you might be interested in a part of the text in story 21. Cinderella that I found that was posted to download http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5314/pg5314.html & it mentioned a few things that shouldn't be in there. It's almost at the end where she puts the slipper on:

'He looked down at the camera and saw it in his hand...It was the first time I had ever seen her. Isolated on a white background. Stock photography. Young woman with a laptop. Isolated on a white background. And put it into a slipper, which fit like a glove.'

The program I used was the 2nd one available which was html without images then after I downloaded it, it was all in german so I clicked the translate option. If I did something wrong please tell me, so I can download something better & cross that off the list.

With thanks, :thumbs:
Theo van Mierlo
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

The Elves (Story 39)
6:39
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_039_grimm_128kb.mp3

This one was fun. I remember the First Story when I was a kid.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Theo - if your 1min test is fully OK you don't need to do anything else with it.

Please use the link to the text in the first post. I don't have any issues with extraneous text when I do it that way.