[Complete] Autobiography of Phineas Pett - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Autobiography of Phineas Pett by Phineas Pett (1570 - 1647).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/autobiography-of-phineas-pett-by-phineas-pett/

Phineas Pett was a Master Shipbuilder from one of England's greatest shipbuilding families and kept a journal of his experiences and thoughts at this important and turbulent time in the industry. Although some pages were damaged or lost, the diary was transcribed by Samuel Pepys and preserved in the British Library. It was edited and published in the form of an autobiography by William Gordon Perrin of The Council of the Navy Records Society in 1918. ( Lynne Thompson)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/51357
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Phineas Pett) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Pett
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 16
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
  • Original publication date (if known): 1918
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography

Keywords that describe the book: family, navy, dynasty, shipbuilding, feud, master craftsman, charters

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Section [number] of Autobiography of Phineas Pett. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Autobiography of Phineas Pett, by Phineas Pett. [Section]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Section [number] of Autobiography of Phineas Pett by Phineas Pett. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Section title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Section]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Autobiography of Phineas Pett, by Phineas Pett. "

There should be about 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename phineaspett_##_pett_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. phineaspett_01_pett_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: yy - yyyyy
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Lynn, Can I dpl this project?
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sorry, ok, I am up to speed now. I know to post in this thread, just got so excited with all of that listening to do, I muffed it.
Thanks, Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 0, 1 and 2 PL ok :D
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 3 PL OK
Cheryls
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

No problem... and no rush. Just fit it in whenever you can but prioritize your other projects. Although this is fascinating, the language is pretty dry at times!
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 4 PL OK
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 5 pl OK
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 6 PL ok
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 7 and 8 PL OK
Cheryls
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you, Cheryl. As you can see, I finished recording and am now away till Wednesday night (work not fun).
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 9.10 and 20 PL OK
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 11,12,13,14 PL OK
wow, read to make King James proud.
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 15,16,17,18,19 PL OK
:clap:
project complete?
Congratulations on this reading Lynne.
I enjoyed listening to it - although some portions were a little tedious - your clear and crisp voice made it still fun.
Cheryls
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote:Section 15,16,17,18,19 PL OK
:clap:
project complete?
Congratulations on this reading Lynne.
I enjoyed listening to it - although some portions were a little tedious - your clear and crisp voice made it still fun.
Cheryls
Thank you, Cheryl.
I know... some of that legal mumbo-jumbo (sixteenth/seventeenth century legal mumbo-jumbo at that) was a bit much. But I suspect Old Phineas was a 'loveable rogue' who managed to hoodwink the royals, but those nearer his own station saw through him. And didn't he manage to see off 3 wives... commenting on how distraught he was when one died, only to marry another 2 months later? I suppose he needed a wife to cook and clean :roll: But also so many of his children died before him... definitely difficult times.