'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This is long overdue! Thank you for all the wonderful books you've read. I decided to see if Ben Hur was on Librivox, and who had done it. I very nearly screamed with delight when I saw it was by Mark F. Smith of Simpsonville, North Carolina. It's a labor of love to record these books, and we certainly appreciate it.
We just need to plan a really long road trip, so we can listen to Ben Hur this summer.
Thanks again and hugs,
Cathy
Jacksonville, FL

P.S. Took a quick peek at your blog. Very sorry to hear about Titanius. My condolences.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Re all the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle books
https://librivox.org/reader/7408?primary_key=7408&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results

Aloha!

I wanted to thank Mr. Clarke for the fabulous introduction to Sherlock Holmes. I stumbled across LibriVox and eventually his readings of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books. After the first 5 minutes of the first book I was hooked. I had never read any of the Holmes books and had only a vague familiarity with who the character is. I have become a huge Sherlock fan and can't get enough. I've even looked into the newer movies and critique whether they got Holmes & Watson right. So much fun.

BUT, it was not just the stories themselves that are great. Mr. Clarke's narration is wonderful. The intonation and variety of voices and accents he uses feel spot on. I am sure that it was his narration that assured my allegiance to, and appreciation of, Mr. Holmes. While lauding Mr. Clarke's readings to a BBC Sherlock fan she said "I think you have a voice crush." You know, she's right! I have listened to some of the books twice and am putting off the last one in anticipation of the end.

Thank you Mr. Clarke for taking the time to contribute to LibriVox. I look forward to Dumas and other readings that may be forthcoming!

Michelle

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/wuthering-heights-by-emily-bronte-2/

I have just finished listening to Wuthering Heights read by Ruth Golding. While the book is a literary masterpiece in its own right, Ms Golding's reading makes it come alive to say the least. Her professionalism and attention to detail is impressive: she has a good broadcasting voice, beautiful and clear diction, she does voices (even male voices) convincingly. I appreciated her rendering of Joseph – whom she managed to make understandable and could 'watch' Cathy Linton grow from a child into a young woman simply through Ruth's voice.

Not once does her reading falter, and she delivers with such energy and enthusiasm that I found myself gripped and looking forward to be taken further on a dark journey to the Yorkshire moors by my reading companion.

I am now eagerly looking for books with the Ruth Golding stamp on them.

Thank you Ruth from my heart.
Sylvana

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ductapeguy (Sean McGaughey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

The Librivox production of The Middle Temple Murder is splendid and each of the collaborators seems inspired. I just listened to Mr. McGaughey's reading of Chapter 34 and I was on the edge of my seat. His reading of this Chapter is electrifying. I play8 this book over and over again - it is a big favorite. Thank you for enthusiastic work.
StepO

All of Sean's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to drop a note to say Thank You! I downloaded some Oz books that you read, for my niece, and you made the stories come alive. After the first 3 books, I downloaded the next 11 for myself. Now, I just finished “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu, and am looking for other classics that you have read for. I do not have much time to read due to a hectic work and family schedule, but I do have a commute to work. That is when I listen to the books, and you have expanded my library considerably. The work that you do has more impact than you know.

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Alexander the Great
https://librivox.org/alexander-the-great-by-jacob-abbott/

Thank you for your reading Lizzie, the drudgery of my farm work is overridden with your reading. The trees have many leaves to offer to the earth in fall.

All of Lizzie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Karen.

Many thanks for your excellent readings of the British classics. They have given me many hours of great listening.

Your work is much appreciated.

Best wishes

Carolyn

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for stinssd (Sam Stinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Sam,
Thank you for taking the time to narrate the ASV Bible! I am going through a difficult time in life, and find listing to the word of God very helpful. I also have a 50-mile commute to work every day, so having this in audio book form to listen to has been very helpful as well.

I had a question: On the Librivox website ( https://librivox.org/author/187?primary_key=187&search_category=author&search_page=1&search_form=get_results ), Leviticus, Numbers, a few other books of the Bible are missing. I tried to see if they were at http://www.byhisfaith.com/, but that domain name is no longer active. Is there any plan to complete the other books, and post them on the Librivox.org website?

Thank you,
Joel

All of Sam's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DebraLynn (Debra Lynn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I so very much enjoyed your reading of Barnaby Rudge, by Charles Dickens. Your voice sounds clear and believable to the period. What a wonderful story you have shared. This is so pleasant, to listen to such a wonderful author, read by such an accomplished reader, making the daily chores more bearable. Thank you. You made my chores something to enjoy!

All of Debra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jocclev (Jim Clevenger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Your rendition of Personal Memoirs of U. S. Grant Ulysses S. GRANT (1822 - 1885) brought richness and texture to this important work. Making the time and effort for delivering a very "listenable" experience to a political autobiography. Your timber and cadence put me in the mindset that General Grant was speaking his mind.

In many ways, your performance reminded me of the Shelby Foote interviews from the now classic PBS documentary series The Civil War. Once the chapter begins, I was captivated until the chapter's end.

Many thanks for bringing history to life.

Regards,
Eric

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for ductapeguy (Sean McGaughey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

The Librivox production of The Middle Temple Murder is splendid and each of the collaborators seems inspired. I just listened to Mr. McGaughey's reading of Chapter 34 and I was on the edge of my seat. His reading of this Chapter is electrifying. I play8 this book over and over again - it is a big favorite. Thank you for enthusiastic work.
StepO

All of Sean's recordings!
Isn't the Internet (and librivox) amazing. Kind of humbling to receive effusive praise for something you did a decade ago. :9:
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for the excellent reading in Mystery Girl !!

Molleen

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello, thank you for Vanity Fair! I saw it on the home page and downloaded it and I"m now on Chapter 3 and enjoying it so much. Such a fun novel, and such an excellent reading!

Michele

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ms. Sue Anderson's reading of "Army Letters of an Officer's Wife" was so very excellent that I fell in love with Mrs. Francis Roe.

Ms Anderson is very talented and a sterling credit to Librivox.com!

B.H.
Vienna, VA

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you for your recording of David Copperfield. I listen while I’m driving to and from work every day. Your reading has brought the characters out of the book for me. I sense the witticism and almost cartoonish character of Dickens through your reading.

Thank you very much for your time spent recording. Please know it’s very appreciated!

Jeshurun

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!