~[COMPL] Multilingual Short Works Collection 017-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I got curious to listen to the sound of Romanian (which I don't speak). I listened to the four short poems by Livia and I was able to follow with the text. I cannot comment on accent, since I don't know the language, but since Livia is a native speaker I'm sure all is fine on that account.

I liked the slow reading, it was easy to follow with the text, so I would have noticed if a word or line was missing. Livia, you have a very expressive and soft voice, which I love very much. I think sometimes I understood a sentence or so, because the words were a bit similar to Italian. It was interesting getting to know a language I am not that familiar with :9:

All 4 poems by Eminescu PL ok

Sonia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

The new multilingual collection
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=65168
Last edited by ShiNeko on April 25th, 2017, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Kitty wrote:I got curious to listen to the sound of Romanian (which I don't speak). I listened to the four short poems by Livia and I was able to follow with the text. I cannot comment on accent, since I don't know the language, but since Livia is a native speaker I'm sure all is fine on that account.

I liked the slow reading, it was easy to follow with the text, so I would have noticed if a word or line was missing. Livia, you have a very expressive and soft voice, which I love very much. I think sometimes I understood a sentence or so, because the words were a bit similar to Italian. It was interesting getting to know a language I am not that familiar with :9:

Thanks!
~Anastasiia
livia

Post by livia »

Kitty wrote:I got curious to listen to the sound of Romanian (which I don't speak). I listened to the four short poems by Livia and I was able to follow with the text. I cannot comment on accent, since I don't know the language, but since Livia is a native speaker I'm sure all is fine on that account.

Sonia

Thanks Sonia! :D
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

16 Наша хатка (Nasha Khatka) PL OK.
~Anastasiia
caiovaralta

Post by caiovaralta »

Hello, friends! Sorry for being late!
Thanks halcja, Shineko and Sonia!
First of all:
ShiNeko wrote: I'm sorry, Caio. Your recording is in the Magic Window now. By the way, you have an extra ".mp3" in the file name. Would you please delete one and upload the file again?
Yes!
May you please check it out:
http://uploads.librivox.org/icequeen/msw017_tomamosaviladepoisdeumintensobombardeamento_pessoa_cv_128kb.mp3
I think it is correct now :9:

Second:
Kitty wrote:Hi Caio

I also listened to your short poem. I already PLed some poems by Pessoa in an English translation and they were not easy. You did a great job with this one. All the technical specs are ok, the sound is clear and I was able to follow well with the text. I started learning a bit Portuguese and it was interesting to hear how it is spoken in Brazil :9: You have a good reading voice and diction, I hope to hear more from you soon.

This can also be marked PL ok.

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia!
Thanks for the feedback, PL and for reaching me out about the other Portuguese audio.
And yeah! Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal are quite different, but I really love both. Susete's Portuguese is beautiful too (and from Brazil)! But our dialects are distinct. :9:

So, about A Igreja do Diabo that I've just listened to:
I've loved how Susete read it. I just found one possible problem.
http://uploads.librivox.org/icequeen/msw017_aigrejadodiabo_machadodeassis_sf_128kb.mp3
It seems like there's a gap at 3:01.:
In 2:32 she starts reading the dialog, but right after this phrase, "—Senhor, a explicação é facil; mas permitti que vos diga: recolhei primeiro esse bom velho; dai-lhe o melhor logar, mandai que as mais afinadas citharas e alaúdes o recebam com os mais divinos córos...", there's a jump to "—Não é preciso; basta que me digas desde já por que motivo, cançado ha tanto da tua desorganisação, só agora pensaste em fundar uma egreja".
I don't know if there are other versions of this text without some phrases of the dialog. It still makes sense without the other part of the dialog, so the one from the link may be 'incorrect' or other version of the book/text.
But it was very well read.

:thumbs:
crecente

Post by crecente »

Hi, I´m Crecente:

Sorry to say that my computer has broken so it´s imposible for me to fix my recordings now as required by PL notes.

I don´t now how much time it will take to fix it or to buy a new computer.

As I see that the collection is finished , may it be possible for you to amplify my recordings and cut the long end silence?

I don´t want to be the procastinator of the collection.

Hoping to hear from you!

Crecente.
Susete

Post by Susete »

Hello, Caio! About your comments:

"So, about A Igreja do Diabo that I've just listened to:
http://uploads.librivox.org/icequeen/msw017_aigrejadodiabo_machadodeassis_sf_128kb.mp3
In 2:32 she starts reading the dialog, but right after this phrase, "—Senhor, a explicação é facil; mas permitti que vos diga: recolhei primeiro esse bom velho; dai-lhe o melhor logar, mandai que as mais afinadas citharas e alaúdes o recebam com os mais divinos córos...", there's a jump to "—Não é preciso; basta que me digas desde já por que motivo, cançado ha tanto da tua desorganisação, só agora pensaste em fundar uma egreja".
I don't know if there are other versions of this text without some phrases of the dialog. It still makes sense without the other part of the dialog, so the one from the link may be 'incorrect' or other version of the book/text.
But it was very well read."

My thanks for listening the text and correcting the mistake! Yes, there was a gap in the dialog at 3:01. I think it is ok now. Could you please check it out? Thank you for the praise! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crecente wrote:Hi, I´m Crecente:
Sorry to say that my computer has broken so it´s imposible for me to fix my recordings now as required by PL notes.
I don´t now how much time it will take to fix it or to buy a new computer.
As I see that the collection is finished , may it be possible for you to amplify my recordings and cut the long end silence?
I don´t want to be the procastinator of the collection.
Hoping to hear from you!
Crecente.
sorry to hear about your computer. I checked the PL notes and it seems it was all easy corrections, so I downloaded you files and did the corrections

As a reminder, this is what Kathrine wrote as PL notes:
For Adega:
Only two details to fix:
please amplify the recording by 3, the volume is a little bit soft.
There should only be 5 seconds of silence at the end, please shorten the silence.

for Aleluya:
The volume is a little bit low. Please amplify by 3 or 4. You probably have to compress the recording first in order to be able to do so without clipping.

For Condesa:
the volume is a little bit soft. Please amplify by 3.
11:12 - throatclearning " Repetimos. Hrmmm"
14:22/14:34 - repetition "Y sin embargo, en aquel momento..... Y sin embargo, en aquel momento....."
here are the corrected files, if somebody could Spot PL them :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw017_adega_valleinclan_128kb.mp3 (27:52)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw017_aleluya_valleinclan_128kb.mp3 (3:48)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw017_lacondesadecela_valleinclan_128kb.mp3 (38:02)

Sonia
caiovaralta

Post by caiovaralta »

Susete wrote:Hello, Caio! About your comments:

"So, about A Igreja do Diabo that I've just listened to:
But it was very well read."

My thanks for listening the text and correcting the mistake! Yes, there was a gap in the dialog at 3:01. I think it is ok now. Could you please check it out? Thank you for the praise! :D
Hi, Susete!

I've just listened that part and the gap is definitely gone. Congrats on the read!

PL ok.

:9:
crecente

Post by crecente »

thankyou very much, sonia

crecente
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nastya, could you mark the three sections from Crescente as "Ready to Spot PL" in the MW please ? So they can get checked and approved.

thanks

Sonia
BeniaminoMassimo

Post by BeniaminoMassimo »

Kitty wrote:
BeniaminoMassimo wrote:I think there's one more spot to fill, so there you go:
A disturbing diatribe from the founding father of Italian Futurism.
I just listened to your second contribution Beniamino :) "disturbing" is the word that describes this speech 100% :help: What kind of a person was this guy ? The way you portray him, he sounds like a dangerous tyrant
Well at the very least he was an extremely 'bellicose' man, who later sought to influence the Fascist regime in a number of ways, though his support was not without reservations. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my interpretation. :)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Kathrine
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

kathrinee wrote: These three files are PL OK after spot-check :thumbs:
Thanks!
~Anastasiia