[COMPLETE] The World's Desire-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

I can read for this. the next one would be book 1, chapter 3, i'm assuming.
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
ironcladredhead

Post by ironcladredhead »

Just wanted to let you know I'll be going on a 2 week trip starting tomorrow, so I'll check the PL notes and do any needed fixes when I return! :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, DJRickyV. Book 1 chapter 3 is all yours.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
pcushnie

Post by pcushnie »

Hi Miss Stav,

I'm just waiting for the OK on my Test sample, but I'd like to volunteer for Book 1 Chapter 4. Let me know.

Pete
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

Section 3 is ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_03_haggard_128kb.mp3
(31:58)

I am available for the next open section as well. Section 5?
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks for section 3. Of course, section 5 is all yours.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
pcushnie

Post by pcushnie »

Hi Miss Stav,

I've got my OK stamp of approval. Am I a go for chapter 4?

Pete
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes. Good luck. You should also let us know under which name you would like to appear in the catalogue, and if you have a url which you would like us to link to your name. And, of course, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. If you have any questions, just ask.
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you very much. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to read more sections from this book?
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

miss stav wrote:Thank you very much. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to read more sections from this book?
Sure. I can take the next one. Six?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Have fun.
pcushnie

Post by pcushnie »

Here is Book 1 Chapter 4, 16:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_04_haggard_128kb.mp3

My apologies for the delay, barely as soon as I took on the chapter, I got sick, & it's been several weeks for my voice to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Edit: I see Book 1 Chapter 2 is open, but JohnC had requested it. If he's unable to take that on, I'll go for it. Otherwise, I'll go for Chapter 7. Shouldn't be nearly as long to submit :)

Edit: Had to fix a couple things-- found a minor error in the read, & also forgot to add silence at the end. Fixed & re-uploaded the file.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I can DPL this if you like.
Tom Penn
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That would be great , I'm sure Stav will agree so I'll add you now :D

Anne