COMPLETE [Solo] Bible (WEB) NT 11: Philippians - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Philippians by World English Bible ( - ).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/bible-web-nt-11-philippians-by-world-english-bible/
Paul's letter to the Philippians contains some of the most quoted passages of the pastoral letters, including "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and "In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." The letter closes with the poetic passage urging Christians to contemplate whatever is true, pure and lovely, and with the benediction: <i>And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.</i> <br><br>This reading is the whole letter complete in one chapter to encourage listeners to engage with the flow of Paul's themes. (Summary by Beth Thomas)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8294
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): wordperfect

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Bible, Philippians. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Philippians, by World English Bible. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Bible, Philippians by World English Bible. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
      [list
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Bible, Philippians, by World English Bible. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename biblephilippians_##_worldenglishbible.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. philippians_01_worldenglishbible_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: aradlaw
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Elizabby on April 21st, 2017, 7:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I hope I have formatted this correctly, as I haven't done a Bible Solo before!

MC and prospective DPL please note I plan to upload the single chapter this weekend and I'm hoping to have it in the catalogue by early next week! Sorry about the very short timeline, but this is for my church so I'm hoping to have it available for the church to use as quickly as possible.

(It's a very short book, only four little chapters so as a single file I estimate it will be about 12-14mins long.)
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Could I PL for you? I just memorized Philippians so this would be a fun way to finish off my project. :D
Adele

Post by Elizabby »

Great, thanks! You memorised it? Not the WEB version, surely??

Unfortunately my memory verses are all NIV, but our church recently switched to NRSV, so I always feel slightly off balance when I hear a verse I know really well with slightly different wording! :roll:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

File is recorded and ready for upload - just under 13 mins long.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Looks good Beth, stand by for a MW. [there it is] :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Fantastic! Thanks David! File is uploaded for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/philippians_01_worldenglishbible_128kb.mp3 (12:52)

It's midnight here, so I'm off to bed and will check back in the morning for PL notes. :mrgreen:
AdeledePignerolles

No, I memorized it in ESV, but they aren't super different. :D There's only one thing I found and that depends on how word-perfect-picky you want to be: @8:56 I hear towards instead of toward. Thanks! :)
Adele

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks, I'm going to let that one go. I tried to edit out the "s" sound but it's a stubborn one to remove!

I think we are ready for the catalogue, thanks David!
AdeledePignerolles

Cool! :D (One of the fastest projects ever!)
Adele

Post by aradlaw »

Archive is acting up this evening Beth, I will try cataloging again tomorrow.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks Beth and Adele. :D

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/bible-web-nt-11-philippians-by-world-english-bible/
David Lawrence

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thank you David and Adele! This project was just over 24 hours from launch to catalogue!

Thank you so much for helping me get it done so quickly! I've decided I like the WEB translation, so I will probably do more of these - not in such a tearing hurry next time though! ;)