COMPLETE The Flying Girl by L. Frank Baum - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
loon

Post by loon »

jcrosbie wrote:Miss stav
I finished my reading of chapter 13 !!
Hoping it is close to what you except!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/flyinggirl_13_baum_128kb.mp3
Crosbie -- I'll proof listen to this chapter tonight.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
loon

Post by loon »

Crosbie,

Your opening and closing silences are off a bit -- the silence is 3+ seconds when it should be "up to" a second and the silence at the end is barely 2 seconds while it should be 5.

Also at the very start of the recording I hear "For more information or to volunteer please visit Librivox d..." (it sounds like maybe you edited away the "...ot org")

Audacity notes 3 places in the chapter where there is clipping in the recording. The first two are not at all bad, the third one at 9:54 has a bit of crunch to it.

A few places in the chapter I heard words that weren't exactly what the text had. Example: "Orissa ran down the path to meet her." vs "Orissa ran down the path to welcome her." None of these affect the meaning or flow of the chapter.

Of these, the only things that really concern me are the lengths of the silences at the start and end of the chapter. If miss stav agrees I can nip a little off the start of the chapter and add a bit to the end and re-upload the chapter. Then (again, if miss stav agrees) we can call it OK. Miss stav, a ruling please?
loon

Post by loon »

Crosbie
(Re-uploaded with edited silences at the beginning and end. New length: 10:13.)
Chapter 13 - "Sybil is Critical" - PL OK
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I hereby orphan all the sections which are incomplete. I have not heard from the readers in quite a while. If any of them would like to reclaim their orphaned sections, they should know they have to submit them no later than the end of this month.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

I would like Section 11, please.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

very well. All yours.
realisticspeakers

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
loon

Post by loon »

Thank you! Section 11 - "Orissa Resigns" - is PL OK.

Suddenly there are only 3 chapters left.
Desi1Tia

Post by Desi1Tia »

Hi, I would like to read section 3: The Kane aircraft.
I am a new reader, so I would like to be listed as Marialuisa Ruiz in the librivox catalogue.

Marialuisa
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello
Marialuisa,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Section 3 is all yours. I see that you submited a one minute sampal recording, so you are good to go. One more thing: please let us know if you have a url which you would like us to link to your name. If you hhave questions, please ask.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you very very much. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
realisticspeakers

miss stav wrote: Thank you very very much. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
I did, indeed, enjoy reading that. I wouldn't mind reading Chapter 4, please.
Disclaimer:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Have fun.
Desi1Tia

Post by Desi1Tia »

miss Stav,

I don't have a url yet.

Marialuisa