COMPLETE [DR] Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

gallen87 wrote:I'll take Emil Hoffman.
Thank you so much!! :D He has a lot of lines and sings a lot of songs, so please let me know if you have any questions. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

clearhi wrote:Hello Twinkle,

Thanks for the PM. I'd be honored to record a part or two for this project! Give me whichever part you'd like.

I've posted a 1-minute test already and the only suggested changes were to increase the gain on my microphone (I did that, but haven't uploaded another test since then).

Coincidentally, I am a 24 year old male! So any of those listed parts would work for me. I can also sing Bass, Baritone, Tenor, or Lead, depending on the need.

Let me know where I would fit best in this, and I'll make it happen!

Thanks,
~Charlie

PS: I could not PM you back because I have not been active enough on this website yet
Hi, Charlie! :)

Haha, well, that's PERFECT! Thanks so much for your interest! :D

Since you asked me to sign you up for someone, I'll go ahead and put you in for Demi Brooke (he's 20 years old, is a somewhat-serious but good, hardworking guy, and gets to sing in the group song in Chapter 22 :thumbs: ) -- but if you'd rather read for another character instead, that's totally fine. Also, you can read for as many characters as you want, as long as they're not in the same chapters.

To find your lines, just look at your character's section in the Magic Window (--Demi's is #4). That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters your character has lines in. Then scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all of your character's lines for that chapter in a certain color (--his are dark blue). Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Demi Brooke, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know. :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on March 22nd, 2017, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CelloMan

Post by CelloMan »

Hi,
I am interested in playing the role of Tom Bangs. I am involved in a few other projects, so I might not get it done immediately, and I've never done a DR before, so some help and guidance would be more than helpful. But these aside, I would love to help in any way for this projects.

Thanks,
CelloMan
"If music be the food of love, play on"
-William ShakespeareTwelfth Night
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Awesome!! Thanks, CelloMan! :D

Basically all you need to know is what I just posted above--

To find your lines, just look at the "Tom Bangs" section in the Magic Window (--it's #13). That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters your character has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all of Tom's lines for that chapter (--colored in yellowish tan). Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

And if you have ANY questions, please ask! :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on March 26th, 2017, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I was looking through the different roles on offer, but I couldn't find the role Marmee in the Google Docs, even though it says she's in Chapter 12...could someone look into that?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

By the way, I would like to claim the Lady in Black, Milly, and Middle Parmalee Daughter :)
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

leanneyauyau wrote:I was looking through the different roles on offer, but I couldn't find the role Marmee in the Google Docs, even though it says she's in Chapter 12...could someone look into that?
Oopsie! That's because it's supposed to say Chapter 2! :lol: I'll go fix that...

It's good to hear from you, Leanne, after yesterday's craziness.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

leanneyauyau wrote:By the way, I would like to claim the Lady in Black, Milly, and Middle Parmalee Daughter :)
Awesome!! :mrgreen: Thank you!
shellkane

Post by shellkane »

Hi! I would like to claim Section 19 - Miss Cameron if it's not already taken :)
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

shellkane wrote:Hi! I would like to claim Section 19 - Miss Cameron if it's not already taken :)
Thank you!
Yippee!! Thanks, Michelle! :D
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

RomanosMusic has claimed Laurie Laurence (thank you!!).
clearhi

Post by clearhi »

Twinkle88 wrote: Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Demi Brooke, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know. :)
Demi sounds great to me!

As for a catalog name, I will use my real name, Charlie McGuire.

Please excuse my novelty to recording on LV, but since we're recording our own characters, do we need to include the LV disclaimer at the beginning of each recording/chapter/line? Or do I just need to include one recording of my catalog name, and then all my lines with 3-5 seconds in between?

Thanks for the help!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Awesome!! :mrgreen: Thanks!!

No, that's a good question (--I was very confused about that, too, when I first worked on a dramatic reading). Actually, only the person reading the lines of the narrator needs to say any disclaimers. So, yes, at the beginning of your first recording, you'll just say, "Demi Brooke, read by Charlie McGuire" and then start saying all your lines (with 3-5 seconds in between them).

Thank you! :)