Greetings From Ontario, CANADA!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
plzd2meetu

Post by plzd2meetu »

Hey, everybody! :clap:

A friend of mine introduced me to Librivox as I love audiobooks but, when I saw that one could volunteer to read, I jumped at the chance. I briefly trained as a voice actor, but life happens and it kind of fell by the wayside. I'm so glad that I found Librivox because now I can continue with my passion for voice work.

I've already found a project I'd like to read but I'm a little confused :shock: by the technical aspect of everything and getting familiar with Audacity. I'm just afraid I won't do everything right. If I mess up, do they let you re-record it?

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends here and welcome any tips! :thumbs:
Barbara Anne Scott
StarFire

Post by StarFire »

Hi welcome to librivox!
if you mess up a recording you can redo it. but before you can do actual recordings you should do the one minute test (if you haven't already) and post it in Listeners wanted.

there are some really good videos on getting started if you need help, and you can always ask if you're still confused.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33439
--Winter

"I know nothing with any certainty,
but the sight of the stars makes me dream"
- Van Goph
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, from Ontario as well! 8-)

There are some great links in your welcome email. I'm sure the Newbie Guide to Recording is in there: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Starfire is right when he/she mentions doing the 1-minute test. That helps iron out the technical stuff. And yes - if you get something wrong, we give you the chance to redo it. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
plzd2meetu

Post by plzd2meetu »

StarFire wrote:Hi welcome to librivox!
if you mess up a recording you can redo it. but before you can do actual recordings you should do the one minute test (if you haven't already) and post it in Listeners wanted.

there are some really good videos on getting started if you need help, and you can always ask if you're still confused.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33439

Thanks so much for your help!
Barbara Anne Scott
plzd2meetu

Post by plzd2meetu »

TriciaG wrote:Welcome, from Ontario as well! 8-)

There are some great links in your welcome email. I'm sure the Newbie Guide to Recording is in there: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Starfire is right when he/she mentions doing the 1-minute test. That helps iron out the technical stuff. And yes - if you get something wrong, we give you the chance to redo it. :)

Thanks so much for your help! :lol:
Barbara Anne Scott