I am a new member

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sparks

Post by sparks »

I am 84 years old. I am an ex merchant marine radio officer and a retired chem. engineer. My wife and I have been married for 56 years and I still love her much. She had a stroke 3 years ago and we moved from NC to Atlanta at that time. We live in a fully finished basement with 2 car garage, two bedrooms, kitchen and bath. Our eldest daughter and her husband live upstairs. I am the main care giver but my daughter comes down on Tuesdays so I can go play bridge at the senior citizens club. Most of my pleasure now is here on the computer.
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

Greetings.
Welcome to Librivox.

A fine introductory piece there.
I'm wondering about the word basement.
Does that mean it's underground or is it the first floor in a two storey house?

I know it's not a particularly important point. What can I say - I have a very trivial mind.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=75]Jim Mowatt[/url] - [url=http://historyzine.com]Historyzine - The History Podcast[/url]
Cori

Post by Cori »

Good to have you joining us, Sparks! Might you be recording for us, or prooflistening, or suggesting new, great books..?

Whatever you do, have fun. And ask questions as they come up. But, mainly, the fun. :)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome sparks,

Have fun here :D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Welcome and Enjoy sparks

Lucy
Short Stories
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

I bet that it's a split level house with most of the living space on what we would call the second floor, and a semi-underground "basement" as a first floor, with a drive-in garage - a lot of the houses here in the Atlanta area are built on that model. :D

Dear Sparks, very glad to have you on board. Can you suggest any old favorites that we don't have in the catalog?