comple[HISTORY] The Story of Old France by H. A. Guerber -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Sections 84 and 85 are PL OK. Very interesting topics in these chapters. Nicely read, Mayah92. :clap:

Jill
Michael7Lucas

Post by Michael7Lucas »

Hello,

Could I be unassigned my section (section 41)? I'm not able to complete it by the date :(
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Ok -- thank you for letting us know :)
Kathrine
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

I'd be happy to take section 41 if I might.

~~Owen
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Please do! Thank you for claiming :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 33, 34, and 35 are orphaned!
Kathrine
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I am a very new reader whose preliminary 1-minute test was "passed" yesterday. I was told to go ahead an choose a project and claim something to read.

I would like to claim and read Section 33.

I assume that when I load the book I will have no trouble locating Section 33. Right?

Also, in the intro before the reading, do I/can I use my real name or should I use my member name, Shasta?
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome to this project, Shasta! Yes, please do section 33. What would you like to use as your catalog name? It can be your forum name, your real name, or something else entirely.

When you open the link to the book (in the first post), you can use the table of contents to find the pagenumber for the right chapter :)

When you do the "recording by [name]," I'd use my catalog name or my forum name. That way, people who listen to your recording can look you up in the LibriVox catalog and find all your recordings. :thumbs:

I can't sign you up till I get home, but this section is now yours, so feel free to start whenever you want to.
Kathrine
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Welcome on board, Shasta! As a new-ish reader myself, I have to say this book is just about perfect. The chapters are short, the language is punchy and direct, the style is not too complicated ... and the author even includes a pronunciation key in parentheses sometimes! Enjoy! :-D

~~Owen
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

:help: Ok, so I find that I am able to download the book to my computer screen. But I don't seem able to copy and paste the pages of my section. I am unable to 'select' any of the pages. Is it possible to do this some way?
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Good question, Shasta! I don't know if there is a way to copy paste from the Archive scans. Are you able to open the book to the correct page for you to read from? If so, I would just read straight from the document on my screen. :) (Please ask again if this is not a helpful answer!)

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? :9:
Kathrine
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I believe I will stick to Shasta as my catalog name.

I asked the question about copy&paste because the Librivox Getting Ready instructions say that, after downloading the text from its online link, "It helps to save the text to your computer and add any information you need to read; . . . , but its very handy to copy and paste all that you need to record into a single document with the text."

In any case, yes I am able to open the book to the correct page and I believe I can just read it from the book. It is a short Section, so I will practice reading it through a couple of times before I attempt to record it.

I will try to not make any mistakes in reading, but probably will and then will have to figure out how to edit them out. I don't find much guidance about editing.
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Here is your catalog page https://librivox.org/reader/11555. You can use it to keep track of your claims and as a catalog of what you have read :)

Oh, yes, well, it is good advice... but it works to just have the first post of the project and the reading in different windows and toggle between the two.

Here is a video that explains the editing. (And here are more videos explaining audacity).

If you misread a word or sentence when you record, you'll be able to edit it out, not to worry! (We all have to :wink: )
Kathrine
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

When uploading the file, it asks for the mc. How do identify the mc for this project?
Russ Bruno
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

You'll find the information in the first post, just a little bit under the link for where to upload. For this project I am the MC: kathrinee :D
Kathrine