SOME COOL TUTORIAL VIDEOS TO GET YOU STARTED

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
keirbear

Post by keirbear »

Hi Phil
I just joined L-Vox yesterday and have been avidly watching your videos and sorting my Audacity bit n pieces out - Thanks for the great info !
Im really keen on getting Autohotkeys up n running, but it seems that the wikipage you have with the scripts has since this morning been discontinued! Rotters !
Do you have another way of making em available to us to copy and paste.?
Cheers
Keir
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

keirbear wrote:Hi Phil
I just joined L-Vox yesterday and have been avidly watching your videos and sorting my Audacity bit n pieces out - Thanks for the great info !
Im really keen on getting Autohotkeys up n running, but it seems that the wikipage you have with the scripts has since this morning been discontinued! Rotters !
Do you have another way of making em available to us to copy and paste.?
Cheers
Keir
Oh dear! Something has gotten messed up, eh? I will check it out tomorrow (it's midnight here) and let you know. Thanks for the infor about the bad links or whatever. :thumbs: Meanwhile Image here is a Mardi Gras thingie to look at. Autohotkeys are awesome! and a big welcome!!!!1
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
StarFire

Post by StarFire »

Thank you for making these videos!

They where a big step up for me and really helped me a lot!
--Winter

"I know nothing with any certainty,
but the sight of the stars makes me dream"
- Van Goph
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

StarFire wrote:Thank you for making these videos!

Great to hear StarFire and a big welcome to LibriVox. If anything is still confusing just ask me and I'll explain it or make a video just for you. How 'bout that? :D
StarFire

Post by StarFire »

philchenevert wrote:
StarFire wrote:Thank you for making these videos!

Great to hear StarFire and a big welcome to LibriVox. If anything is still confusing just ask me and I'll explain it or make a video just for you. How 'bout that? :D
Thanks phil. i will be sure to do that!
--Winter

"I know nothing with any certainty,
but the sight of the stars makes me dream"
- Van Goph
AK25

Post by AK25 »

I am having an issue with my recording on audacity. My recording starts out low and then gets louder. I have Logitech 540 headset with microphone. I have disabled the audio enhancements on my computer. i have setup my audacity to the specs on the LibriVox wiki page. Please help me.

Thank you
Amie
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Kudos for looking those videos up! :thumbs:
Last edited by tovarisch on January 9th, 2018, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy53

Post by Sandy53 »

Hi Phil - I joined Librivox last week and have been pouring over your wonderful tutorial videos. Thank you for those! I vacillate between "I can do this!" :clap: to feeling completely overwhelmed. :shock: I'd like to be a reader - but think I'll start with prooflistening. I know once it all clicks it'll be fine, it's just getting to the "clicks" stage! Thanks again.

-Sandy
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

An excellent choice Sandy. Proof Listening is needed and a good way to get the flow of things. have fun and ask lots of questions. It will all fall into place down the road apiece. :thumbs:
MsPatches

Post by MsPatches »

Greetings from the South, where we now are currently breaking out of our ice bound driveways after two winter hits within the past week! Before I venture out this afternoon for bread, milk and fire logs, I came here to say HELLO!
I am all pink and new, with no preconceived ideas, ready for this adventure with Librivox. I look forward to getting started learning and reading. I abide by the rules (most of the time), and so look forward to first visiting all the forums, with expectations of meeting new friends and ears open to every piece of advice and helpful hint anyone might care to send my way. I am a helpless baby now but expect to thrive on the loving care to come, if Phil Chevenert's kind advice in the first forum I have read is any indication what's ahead!
Now it's time I get myself out of the house, it will certainly be dark before I return, but I will be looking forward to getting back here. (Please forgive my silliness, Ms Patches has a tendency to lose her senses when the temperature outside stays under freezing for more than three days at a time. Thank heaven we will be in the fifties by Saturday!)

MsPatches
Glenda Harper
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

I am in Northern Virginia. We were in a cold snap for 8 days. The high was 18 degrees. I feel ya!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome all Pink and New! Stay as warm as possible. It's cold here too in Louisiana, we are below freezing for three days now and it has snowed twice! . I slipped on the ice in my driveway yesterday and hurt my shoulder - dumb but it happened. Anyway, keep an open mind and be patient with yourself, you will learn but it will come in bits and pieces and remember that we are here to help. Here is your gold star for being pink and new ... Image
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Thank you for making these films, Phil.

After deciding to narrate, it was still kind of overwhelming but your short, clear, topical and humorous (. . . ) videos made me feel way more comfortable with going forward.

I claimed my first work!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

:clap: :clap: :clap: yAAAAH! Keep going Rawbean! and ask if anything is confusing. It really is fun.
Rawbean23 wrote: June 20th, 2018, 9:47 am Thank you for making these films, Phil.

After deciding to narrate, it was still kind of overwhelming but your short, clear, topical and humorous (. . . ) videos made me feel way more comfortable with going forward.

I claimed my first work!
Juliakasdorfmusic

Post by Juliakasdorfmusic »

thanks, phil! lots of questions answered. One brought up: :D
My username is juliakasdorfmusic. Are my initials JKM? should they be capitalized?