[Complete]Theory of Colours - Goethe - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DCCampbell

Post by DCCampbell »

Lynnet wrote:Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
I will add you to the catalog of readers. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
I followed the wiki's instructions to upload and selected you as the MC. I hope that was the correct way. Thank you for your patience with this beginner!
notno

Post by notno »

notno

Post by notno »

May I claim section Section 4?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DCCampbell wrote:
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
I will add you to the catalog of readers. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
I followed the wiki's instructions to upload and selected you as the MC. I hope that was the correct way. Thank you for your patience with this beginner!
So far, so good...
But we need you to copy and paste the link you got in the uploader here in the thread. You can upload it again if you didn't keep it. We also need to know how long the file is in mm:ss.
When we have those, I can add it to the Magic Window and Amy will proof listen to let you know if there are any edits needed.
And don't worry: we were all new once; and there is quite a sharp learning curve if you're new to recording.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you; and section 4 is duly assigned.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Nathan,
Great reading!
The file needs a few updates.
1. The first line of intro needs to say " Section 2 of the Theory of Colors".
2. There is a bang at 1.57.05
3. At 3.04 there is a noise.
4. The files is quiet. Please use the compressor effect and then amplify by 4db.
Please make these changes and reupload when you have a chance.
Thanks!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Lynne,
Section One in the MW does not have the updates. Could you have re-uploaded the old file? Please take a look.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

alg1001 wrote:Hi Lynne,
Section One in the MW does not have the updates. Could you have re-uploaded the old file? Please take a look.
Cheers!
Amy
I deleted both from the server, re-exported and re-uploaded... if that didn't work, I'm losing my marbles as I'm sure I made the edits :lol:
DCCampbell

Post by DCCampbell »

Lynnet wrote:
DCCampbell wrote:
Lynne
So far, so good...
But we need you to copy and paste the link you got in the uploader here in the thread. You can upload it again if you didn't keep it. We also need to know how long the file is in mm:ss.
When we have those, I can add it to the Magic Window and Amy will proof listen to let you know if there are any edits needed.
And don't worry: we were all new once; and there is quite a sharp learning curve if you're new to recording.
http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/test_DCCampbell.mp3 0:19
Okay, I think I got it. Thank you again.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I'm sorry - I misunderstood. I thought you meant your section for this book.
Not to worry...
I checked your test and just a couple of things:
Please be sure when you record 'for real' that the file name is all lower case.
Also there was a high level of background noise. If you are using Audacity, this is an easy fix:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning
Or, if you are more visual, one of our admins has made a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFSg9o37HMw

Everything else is fine so if you experiment a bit with the noise cleaning, you'll be ready to go.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Lynnet wrote:
alg1001 wrote:Hi Lynne,
Cheers!
Amy
I deleted both from the server, re-exported and re-uploaded... if that didn't work, I'm losing my marbles as I'm sure I made the edits :lol:
Your marbles are intact. Section 1 is PL OK now! :thumbs:
Thanks!
Amy
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Could I read Part VI please? That's sections 38 - 42.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Availle wrote:Could I read Part VI please? That's sections 38 - 42.
All yours!
DCCampbell

Post by DCCampbell »

Section 03: Part I - Physiological Colours Section 1 - Effects of Light and Dark on the Eye

http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/theoryofcolours_02_goethe_128kb.mp3

5:10
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DCCampbell wrote:Section 03: Part I - Physiological Colours Section 1 - Effects of Light and Dark on the Eye

http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/theoryofcolours_02_goethe_128kb.mp3

5:10
Thank you. Looks good. Amy will listen soon, so be sure to check back for PL notes.
And congratulations on completing your first section :clap:

Edit: uh-oh: I just noticed your file was marked _02_.
It should have been _03_. What happens here is that your file has over-written the section 2 that was submitted earlier.
I can fix it, so don't panic, but please be aware that it can cause problems.