[Complete]Dramatized Bible Stories of the OldTest.-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Elizabby wrote:Thanks Adele and Larry! I've PLed the original file so I'll spot check tonight on my computer and then we will be ready for the catalogue! :clap:

EDIT: I can't hear the correction - Larry can you please check that the uploaded link is the same as the previous one? The file I have is 27:06 - do you know if that is the old file or the new one? (This is the other reason posting file lengths is handy - it makes it easy to check if something has been added to a file!)
Now that is embarrassing :oops:
Yep, I said I did something that I was going to do, and then spaced it out. Just overly anxious, I guess. :shock:

So, it is uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dramatized_bible_03_128kb.mp3
27:6.33 (m:ss.ss) from Checker
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Ta da! There it is, and we are DONE! :clap:

Anne, do you have the summary for the catalogue? I think I posted it a while ago...

Yes, the summary is halfway down page 36, and the cast list code is on page 48.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done. Let me know if you see anything wrong.
Thank you all , especially Beth and the others who pitched in to stop the project being mothballed

The lack of standard file names made cataloguing possible but very difficult, I'm thinking of trying to collect a few pointers for everyone so we can update the DR instructions and asking for input - proper file naming all through them is obviously important as it's often months or years before they are used and the files are missing, and great care with script making and file checking asap

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/dramatized-bible-stories-of-the-old-testament-by-king-james-version-kjv/
:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I've often thought about standardizing file names for dramatic works. The template suggests something for the roles, but it is often changed, sometimes to something completely different, or if it doesn't make sense readers often come up with their own names. Also, there is nowhere (except in the "good practice guidelines" thread) which says how to name completed files, and most people who have been around a while know how to do it, but many beginning editors/BCs have no idea what to do.
I think making sure the file name in the template is how you want it is important, and it's also good to put a comment to please stick to the file naming format, but I wonder if that should be more prominent ... ? I don't really know, that was just my thought ... :)

And good job everyone who worked on this project! It has been a lot of work but we finally made it :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Lovely to have this finished and in the catalogue! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks so much to all our editors for pulling it all together in the end, and to Anne for the lovely cover art! :thumbs:

With regard to the question of final filenames in DRs, I think it should follow the naming convention we usually use here, which is:

title_##_author_128kb.mp3 (where ## is the section number)

Perhaps this could be noted in the DR template that final section naming should be listed separately from the role file naming which tends to look like:

title_role_##.mp3 (where ## is the number of the story/chapter/act)

The problem for this particular project seems to have been the number of different editors, and the length of the title which made it impractical for use and therefore a number of other titles then arose such as DBSOT or bible_stories or other variations. There was also some uncertainty around who should be listed as the author, and whether KJV needed to be mentioned.

I suspect most of these issues would not usually be a problem - projects with a single editor will automatically have consistent naming, and if the title is obvious like "Rainbow Valley" then there should be no confusion. I don't recall this being a major issue previously - but then, not being an MC I don't see what happens behind the scenes during cataloguing - maybe it happens more often than I am aware of!
carteki

Post by carteki »

Nice to see it finished. :clap:

I had the same question about file naming, esp for a large project like this.
My suggestion is [title]__##__[role].mp3 because then it is easy to sort the files by file name into the correct chapter / section.

The feedback I got from my MC was that for any DR for which I was BC I could specify the filename convention as I preferred.

Kim
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just so you all know - the LibriVox tradition is to put the version in the author space everywhere - KJV in this case. I realise that the changes in personnel caused some of the problems but I think the BC needs to check the file name for roles , things labelled "missing_lines" seem to get lost when they are looked for 12 or more months later.
Kim's got it right for the roles - just need whoever puts the files in the MW to check that is what the readers use :D
And the finished files need to be as Beth said, title_section munber_author_128kb with the bible using its version as author

And Bria and I agreed on dbsot when it was started.

Anne
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

So glad to see this done! :D
I think part of what causes the confusion is how different BCs do it different ways. I know, though, that for Beth's DRs and Twinkle's I put the numbers in a different spot, and I usually check. This one was confusing because the sections got changed in order a bit plus there were several editors and script makers. I know I made a few of the scripts and titled them with numbers, but other scripts didn't get the section numbers and had to get that added in later. :)
annise wrote:I think the BC needs to check the file name for roles , things labelled "missing_lines" seem to get lost when they are looked for 12 or more months later.
;) I'll remember that!
Adele