[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
boatharbor

Post by boatharbor »

Just listened to Section 9...
[I'm new to the volunteer side of librivox, so not sure the proper terminology to note this.]

Notes: at 5:28, "elder child" was said instead of "elder children"
at 5:40 "Huxley says, There is" was said instead of "There is, says Huxley"
at 22:39, "walls" was said instead of "floors"

The rest is lovely- good narration skills :)
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Hi boatharbor! I'm sorry but some else is already the proof listener on this project. I see you are new to LibriVox and have only posted here. If you want to work on other projects you will have to submit your 1 minute test. Here are the instructions: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test Thank you for your time.
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

harpinthecloset wrote:So, I'm having this issue of my recordings having an awful high frequency noise in the background I can't seem to get rid of. I'm going to have to re-record my sections and hope for better results. Just wanted to update so you know I'm still on board for this project! :-) I'm going to try to redo them tonight after I get the kids to bed.
Thank you! I really don't know how to help you. If the problem persists, you might want to post in the "Need Help? Got Advice" thread.
Aaron
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aaronml wrote:
harpinthecloset wrote:So, I'm having this issue of my recordings having an awful high frequency noise in the background I can't seem to get rid of. I'm going to have to re-record my sections and hope for better results. Just wanted to update so you know I'm still on board for this project! :-) I'm going to try to redo them tonight after I get the kids to bed.
Thank you! I really don't know how to help you. If the problem persists, you might want to post in the "Need Help? Got Advice" thread.
Excuse me stepping in here... it is rarely necessary to re-record. Most recordings are salvageable.
Here, your problem could be mains hum.
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Removing_Mains_Hum#What_is_Mains_Hum.3F
The frequency depends on where you are. Although you can get rid of it, it's best to avoid it in future recordings. The prime culprits are: fluorescent lights over 4 ft. long, aquariums (aquaria?),metal table legs and (the most annoying) the fan on your computer, especially a laptop. Some say it's best to record while running on battery power, but I haven't found that to be the case.
harpinthecloset

Post by harpinthecloset »

Here is the first of my sections:

46 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_46_mason_128kb.mp3 14:41

Thanks aaron and Lynett for the advice! I've already re-recorded these, but I'll try that on a section for another project that I'm having the same issue with. :-D
Jael
JuliaW

Post by JuliaW »

aaronml wrote:Thank you Julia! You're all signed up! Would you like me to hold the other section for you, or let someone else claim it?
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Go ahead and put it up for grabs for now. If it's still available when I get done with this part, I'll bug you again, if that works. :D

Thank you. :D
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

OK! Thanks Julia! :D
Aaron
rachelrw

Post by rachelrw »

Section 46 read by harpinthecloset is PL OK
JuliaW

Post by JuliaW »

Here is section 17.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_17_mason_128kb.mp3

Looks like length is about 9:41.

I'm not sure if I did the intro correctly.

When I get the feedback on this one, I'll let you know about the next section. Thank you. :D
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Aaron
MrsA

Post by MrsA »

aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Thank you Mrs. A! :D
Aaron
ABodkin

Post by ABodkin »

JuliaW

Post by JuliaW »

Go ahead and assign me section 18 (part 2 chap 8). It's looking super short. I was going to wait until I was sure section 17 was ok, but even if I have to rerecord for any reason, section 18 won't take much longer.

Thanks. :D
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Thank you.
Aaron