[FIXED] Chance by Joseph Conrad: Repeated Section

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
JCShannon

Post by JCShannon »

Once again I did not take time to find the start and stop but following is about where a repeat in the zip file ocures:
Track 2 at about 1:009
Track 3 at about 00:37

Page: https://librivox.org/chance-by-joseph-conrad/
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

working on it
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i cant find what you mean. could you please be more specific about what i should be looking for? :) thanks!

at track three at around 0:37 there is this part that might sound like a repeat if you dont look at the text:
After a short but severe scuffle with his dog at the outer door, Fyne entered. I treated him without ceremony and only waved my hand towards a chair. Even before he sat down he gasped out:

“We’ve heard—midday post.”

Gasped out! The grave, immovable Fyne of the Civil Service, gasped! This was enough, you’ll admit, to cause me to put my feet to the ground swiftly. That fellow was always making me do things in subtle discord with my meditative temperament. No wonder that I had but a qualified liking for him.
Carolin
JCShannon

Post by JCShannon »

That is it and it goes on to around around 3:41 saying something about "...her complete ignorance of the world."
Regarding track 2, I miss-typed the time. Try 1:08:54
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

With the very kind help of david and jo, this should now be fixed :thumbs:
Carolin
JCShannon

Post by JCShannon »

Thank you everyone.