[COMPLETE][Deutsch][Kurzgeschichten]Aus dänischer Zeit by Charlotte Niese - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nicht verzweifeln Sabrina, Rettung naht...ich kann deine Aufnahmen PLen. :) Ich habe zwar schon sehr viele Projekte momentan, aber wenn's dir nicht zu sehr eilt....

Fange mal gleich mit dem ersten Kapitel an :)

Tricia, you can put me in as DPL. Do you prefer to hear our entire conversation in English as well ?

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You are in!

I trust you - feel free to communicate in German. But if it's to me, make it English. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
storylines

Post by storylines »

Thank you Kitty - it is an interesting Project!

Sabrina :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

storylines wrote:Thank you Kitty - it is an interesting Project!
oh yes, I must admit, it is indeed interesting !!! I just listened to the first chapter and I'm hooked.

First of all....you might prefer this conversation in English. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think I detect a very slight accent, which leads me to think you are English :hmm: is this correct ? so just tell me which language you prefer, I'm fine with either.

Now to your first section. It's awesomely read, I love the slow pace, the quiet levelled voice, it was so easy to listen to you and get absorbed in the small town life of long ago :9:

I only found three small errors, which I want to bring to your attention.

> at 0:41: "wenn sie durch irgendeinen Zufall": you say "weil", but this is grammatically wrong in this sentence

> at 16:11: "Gymnasiums zu A. aufgenommen": you omitted "zu A."

> at 16:42: "das schlechte Wetter": I hear "Wesser" instead of "Wetter" :?

The rest is flawless. Looking forward to hearing more. But it's already getting late, not sure if I can still finish another one.

Btw highlight sentence of the chapter was: "Der Arzt der den Kranken glücklich zu Tode kuriert hatte" - I actually had to laugh out loud at this one. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 2 is perfectly PL ok. :thumbs: I loved your voice for Tante Feddersen :lol: You really well conveyed the old spinster cliché here. I pitied poor Herr Ehlers enormously :cry: It was a very sad episode all in all. But very entertaining the way you read it.

Oh, forgot to mention. Most of the links have no _128kb_ in the name. Tricia, can you change them all later on before uploading ? I think it's standard that this should be in the name. :hmm:

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh, forgot to mention. Most of the links have no _128kb_ in the name. Tricia, can you change them all later on before uploading ? I think it's standard that this should be in the name. :hmm:
Yes, I can change them easily at cataloging time.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

last chapter for tonight...

Loved the lisp in the old man's speech LOL You give each person a distinct character which is a great idea :thumbs: It makes the whole text very lively to listen to.

I found it a bit shocking that Manon had to die for the Baron :shock:

Two small PL notes this time:

> at 0:04-0:30: you use the long disclaimer here again, which is usually only used for the first chapter of the book. You used the shortened version in chapter 2 for example.

> at 4:46: "so was hat ich": you say "tat ich"

Will try to PL a bit more tomorrow. For now: good night, and thanks for the interesting chapters.

Sonia
storylines

Post by storylines »

Thank you so much, Sonia,

Chapter 1 already edited and uploaded. Will do chapter 3 tomorrow. Your enthusiasm will inspire me to keep these coming! :D

Please reply in whichever language is easiest at any one time... I mainly replied in English because Tricia might be privy to the thread overall, and, well... because sometimes it's a bit faster for me (can't always think of the right words in German!)... but that need not be a criterion.

Hope the edit upload was flawless - still a bit nervous of the technology!

Love your lively reception - yes, there's real feeling in these sketches, isn't there? And bits of history as she was lived... shall I translate the volume I wonder...

Until tomorrow :lol: thanks again...

Sabrina
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

storylines wrote:Chapter 1 already edited and uploaded. Will do chapter 3 tomorrow. Your enthusiasm will inspire me to keep these coming! :D
hehe, yes I always have to give my two-cents worth to everything I PL. I love discussing texts :9:
Hope the edit upload was flawless - still a bit nervous of the technology!

Chapters 1 and 3 Spot PL ok and the editing was perfect, I wouldn't hear any difference in tone or volume. :thumbs: No need to be afraid of technology anymore.
shall I translate the volume I wonder...
hm there might be an idea. Hasn't it been done yet ? :hmm:

Gonna continue with the next chapter now...stay tuned.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 4 was very entertaining, although quite predictable, that Mahlmann was the culprit ;) Not sure if I totally agree with the philosophy of the old guy :roll: But I can understand the fascination of the children for his stories.

I only found one small textual error which changes meaning:

> at 8:33: "an ihrem eignen Leibe können sie so was missen" - you say "wissen", which does not make sense in this context

The rest is perfect :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Oh, chapter 5 was soooo sad :cry: The musician had a bit the same fate than the merchant with Tante Feddersen. Seems to be a running topic here that it was not very healthy marrying the women back then. :roll:

You gave the musician such a forlorn voice, it really tugged at my heartstrings to listen to him talking.

I found some things to correct again:

> at 9.23-9:25: repeat of "da meinte ich", can be cut out

> at 9:53-9:58: repeat of "das kommt wirklich furchtbar leicht vor, denn ich meinte auch sie wären alle an die siebzig", can be cut out

> at 14:06: missing part of sentence: "Die Musik war in der Ferne verklungen"

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I also found a small grammatical error in your introduction blurb in the first post:

"Sie bestehen aus mündlich weitererzählte Geschichte"

either it's singular, then it's "mündlich weitererzählter Geschichte", or it's plural, then it's "mündlich weitererzählten Geschichten"

Sonia
storylines

Post by storylines »

Dear Sonia

thank you for finding these gremlins!! Two of those in No. 5 are editing errors, oops. If I read something imperfectly, I start the sentence again and later cut the wrong bit out. This time seemed to have missed some!

In the blurb, I meant 'oral history' not 'orally transmitted stories' - what would be a better way to phrase this, do you think?

So please you're editing these... no, the volume hasn't been translated (yet)!

Sabrina :9:
storylines

Post by storylines »

that should have read 'pleased' not 'please' - soz!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

storylines wrote:In the blurb, I meant 'oral history' not 'orally transmitted stories' - what would be a better way to phrase this, do you think?
yes that's what I figured, you can use "mündlich weitererzählter Geschichte" then. Only add the 'r' at the end, then it's correct.

Finished the next chapter too. The part where Rasmus ist crying is excellent ! :lol:

found three small but noteworthy errors:

> at 8:59: "über den Hof" - I think I hear "über den Haus"

> at 13:25: "das kranke Glied" - you say "Lied"

> at 17:24: "schien Mamsell Hansen" - all of a sudden she is called "Hausen" :mrgreen:

also in this part I sometimes noticed a background noise which dragged on for a few minutes, then stopped again, only to start again a bit later. I wonder what it is, some electrical thing starting up ? The noise I mean you can hear in the "silence" at 8:33-8:34 for example, but it's already starting a few minutes earlier and going on for quite a bit more. Maybe one round of noise cleaning could make it less audible ? :hmm: At least, try to find the source of this noise, so maybe you can switch it off for further recordings.

Sonia