COMPLETE - American Indian Fairy Tales - CL/kr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thanks for the kind words Brad! There are lots of other things I'd recommend for a 6-year-old too.

Don't miss Rev Steve's wonderful A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court. It really has the feel of someone just sitting down and reading aloud to you.

I was truly impressed with Michael Scherer's version of Melville's Typee. Though I knew of both Typee and of Omoo, the only Melville I've ever actually READ was Moby Dick. Typee is a treasure-trove of information told in a spellbinding story - all the more amazing because it's essentially all true!

Check out Kri's The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner too. You might think this an odd recommendation for a 6-year-old, but there's just something about the way she reads the lines of the grizzled old sea-dog which gives you (or gave me anyhow) a new take on the whole thing.

You might also try making her copies of the Weekly Poetry pieces. I suspect that a 6-year-old would be particularly enchanted by the sound of so many voices reading the same piece.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
BradBush

Post by BradBush »

Oh, she has read in the weekly poem a few times! Our duet version even got picked for Night before Christmas! In fact, she did the "The Owl and the Pussycat" after the fact, and we are going to submit it for a poetry collection at some point.

Brad
kayray

Post by kayray »

And "The Secret Garden" is more than half finished :)

So glad Grace is enjoying the books! If she's anything like Henry, she'll get totally addicted to audiobooks (if she isn't already) and you'll have a full-time job keeping her supplied!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)