COMPLETE [Dutch] Hofgedachten by Jacob Cats-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Hofgedachten door Jacob Cats (1577 - 1660).

This project is now complete and can be found in our catalog here: https://librivox.org/hofgedachten-by-jacob-cats/

Godsdienstige overpeinzingen in dichtvorm bij een wandeling door een hof. Tijdens een wandeling op zijn landgoed Sorghvliet in 's Gravenhage, waar nu nog het Catshuis staat, wekten de schoonheden en zinnebeelden van de natuur de dichter Jacob Cats op tot het schrijven van gedichten hierover, die gepubliceerd werden in het boek "Hofgedachten" (1655). Jacob Cats (1577-1660), ook bijgenaamd Vader Cats, was de bekendste dichter van Nederland en zeer geliefd bij het gewone volk. Veel mensen hadden zelfs maar twee boeken: een Bijbel en een werk van Cats. Veel gezegden in de Nederlandse taal zijn van deze dichter afkomstig.
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://books.google.nl/books?id=qRBVAAAAcAAJ
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • ""Aan de eerbare, deugdrijke, kunstlievende Jonkvrouwen uit Hofgedachten, dat is: invallen bij gelegenheid, op 't gezicht van bomen, platen, bloemen, kruiden en diergelijke aardgewassen; verwekt in 't buitenleven van den schrijver op Zorgvliet. Dit is een Librivox opname. Alle Librivox opnamen zijn vrij van auteursrechten. Voor meer informatie, of om je aan te melden als vrijwilliger, ga naar librivox PUNT org.""
    • Say:
      "Hofgedachten, door Jacob Cats."

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Hoofdstuk # van Hofgedachten. Deze Librivox opname is vrij van auteursrechten."
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "Hofgedachten door Jacob Cats. Hoofdstuk #, [naam van hoofdstuk]"
      "
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Einde van hoofdstuk #"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Einde van Hofgedachten, door Jacob Cats. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  4. Example filename hofgedachten_##_cats_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. hofgedachten_01_cats_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below

Reader note: The Google Books book is a part of the complete works of Jacob Cats, in which is contained the book "Hofgedachten" (originally published 1655) which I like to read.
Last edited by sv1637 on May 1st, 2017, 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

sv,

Sorry it has taken a while for someone to get back to you on this book. I would be happy to MC it for you.

I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn

Edited to add:

OK, your Magic Window is ready.

If these are all poems, then you may (if you wish) use the short poetry disclaimer starting with the second section (here, since there is a preface, that means the short disclaimer can start with the first poem in section 1).

In English the short poetry disclaimer is:
"[Poem title], by Jacob Cats, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
• Then read the poem.
• At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.

I am sorry that I do not have it in Dutch, but if you will write out the translation for me, I can make a note for future Dutch poetry projects!

If you have any questions, please ask.

MaryAnn
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Hello MaryAnn,

Thank you very much for your help. I'm looking forward to record this book. Here are the translations you requested:

[Dutch] De korte Nederlandse disclaimer voor poëzie is:
"[Titel gedicht], door [auteur], voorgelezen voor LibriVox.org door [naam, eventueel met datum, plaats, eigen URL enz].
Dan het gedicht voorlezen.
Aan het einde, zeg: "Einde van het gedicht. Deze opname is in het publiek domein." en laat vijf seconden stilte.

I've to think about which disclaimer I prefer to use in this case.

Thanks for your assistance and if I run into problems, I'll let you know. I hope to record the introduction today.

sv1637
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great sv. Thanks.

We'll move over to "going solo" and we can advertise for a proof listener once you get a couple of sections up.

MaryAnn
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Hello MaryAnn,

There are now 8 chapters ready for PL and the ninth is soon to come. Maybe it is time to advertise for a PL or DPL?

Thanks,
sv1637
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sure, great job! I didn't realize you had gotten so far.

I've posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=64163

If you ever need a DPL again, you can also post the advert. Instructions are in the wiki here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template

MaryAnn
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Oh, I didn't know that, I'll do that in the future, thanks.

Yes I love to actually record the books I like :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya,

You are pl ok until section 6 :thumbs:
Carolin
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thanks Carolin! BTW I assume that doesn't include section 6 yet, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

It does include section 6. Pardon, in dutch i would have said tot en met :)
Carolin
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Haha, dat bedoelde ik! Het Nederlands is dan net iets duidelijker. Dank!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I can take over as dpl on this project as well, our language community is just too small :)

Maryann, just so you know, i cant check the technnical side of things. Should be fine though.

Hoofdstukken 7 en 8 zijn pl ok!
Carolin
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thank you Carolin. Yes, though there is a very active Dutch community at Wikipedia, this appears to be less so here. It's a pity.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

komt goed. ik denk altijd dat elk project de bereik van librivox verhoogt, dus gaan we daarvoor :)
Carolin
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Carolin. I'll confirm the technical specs when it's time to catalog.

MaryAnn