compl[DUTCH] Statenvertaling: het Evangelie van Johannes -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Bijbel (Statenvertaling): het Evangelie van Johannes by Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden ( - 0).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/bible-sv-nt-04-het-evangelie-van-johannes-by-statenvertaling/
The Statenvertaling is the most well known Bible translation in Dutch from the Reformation era. It is the equivalent of the English King James Version. ( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): Antique hard copy from 1848
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

• Project Code: 1y3UV5D9
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statenvertaling
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statenvertaling
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 21
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known): 1637
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? sv1637 Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Bibles

Keywords that describe the book: bible, New Testament, Gospel of John

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Het heilig evangelie naar de beschrijving van Johannes hoofdstuk 1 uit het Nieuwe Testament of alle boeken des Nieuwen Verbonds van onzen Heere Jezus Christus. Dit is een Librivox opname. Alle Librivox opnamen zijn vrij van auteursrechten. Voor meer informatie, of om je aan te melden als vrijwilliger, ga naar librivox PUNT org."
    • Say:
      "Het Nieuwe Testament of alle boeken des Nieuwen Verbonds van onzen Heere Jezus Christus, door last van de Hoog-Mogende Heeren Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden en volgens het besluit van de Synode Nationaal, gehouden te Dordrecht in de jaren 1618 en 1619, uit de oorspronkelijke (Grieksche) taal in onze Nederlandsche getrouwelijk overgezet. Het heilig evangelie naar de beschrijving van Johannes, hoofdstuk 1."

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Het evangelie van Johannes hoofdstuk # uit het Nieuwe Testament van onzen Heere Jezus Christus overgezet door last van de Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden. Deze Librivox opname is vrij van auteursrechten."
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "Johannes hoofdstuk #"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Einde van hoofdstuk # van het evangelie van Johannes"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Einde van Het heilig evangelie naar de beschrijving van Johannes uit het Nieuwe Testament of alle boeken des Nieuwen Verbonds van onzen Heere Jezus Christus overgezet door last van de Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename statenvertaling_johannes_##_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. statenvertaling_johannes_01_128kb.mp3)
  • No need to fill in the ID3 tags :)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Please note:
I want to record the Gospel of John ("het evangelie van Johannes") from the Dutch bible translation called "Statenvertaling". I plan to record other Bible books as well, but I'd like to begin with the Gospel of John.

Just as with the King James Version on this site I think a "Statenvertaling" category should be made in which this recording of the Gospel of John will be placed along with future recordings of other Bible books.

The Librivox disclaimer is in English now, this should be Dutch. Can I take the Dutch disclaimer from other Dutch projects? I don't know where to find it exactly.

Finally, I wish to use a 1848 antique hard copy of this Bible, published by the British and Foreign Bible society (Britsche en Buitenlandsche Bijbelgenootschap). I can send pictures to proof that I have the real one. This is a good edition (modernized 19th century spelling), with a nice large font for easy reading. Unfortunately, there is no scan of this book from 1848 on Google Books. There are however several from other years. I wish to use my hard copy however because I can't read the Bible from a computer screen. I hope that this is possible.

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by sv1637 on February 8th, 2017, 7:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hello,

I can set this up for you :) I don't speak Dutch, but it seems that it'll be ok

ETA:
Now that you are a soloist, you will be your own BC (book coordinator). That means that you will enter the links to your recordings into the Magic Window (MW) (the scrolling window in the first post). Here is a document that explains how to get into the MW the first time:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

And here is another document that explains how to keep the MW up to date etc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

And most importantly, when you wonder about anything, just ask! I will be keeping an eye on the thread, but if I don't respond to questions, please send me a PM.
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I want to record the Gospel of John ("het evangelie van Johannes") from the Dutch bible translation called "Statenvertaling". I plan to record other Bible books as well, but I'd like to begin with the Gospel of John.

Just as with the King James Version on this site I think a "Statenvertaling" category should be made in which this recording of the Gospel of John will be placed along with future recordings of other Bible books.
Yes, I think we can make a category. I'll figure that out when there are a couple of Bible books in the catalog
The Librivox disclaimer is in English now, this should be Dutch. Can I take the Dutch disclaimer from other Dutch projects? I don't know where to find it exactly.
Here they are:
Start of first section (Intro)
"Hoofdstuk [#] van [titel boek]. Dit is een Librivox opname. Alle Librivox opnamen zijn vrij van auteursrechten. Voor meer informatie, of om je aan te melden als vrijwilliger, ga naar librivox PUNT org."
"Opname door [naam]"
"[Titel boek] door [Auteur] (vertaald door [vertaler]). Hoofdstuk #, [naam van hoofdstuk]"
Start of second and all subsequent sections (Intro)
"Hoofdstuk # van [Titel boek]. Deze Librivox opname is vrij van auteursrechten.
"Opname door [naam]"
"[Titel boek] door [Auteur]. Hoofdstuk #, [naam van hoofdstuk]"
End of recording
At the end of the section, say:
Het einde van hoofdstuk #
At the end of the project, say:
Einde van: [Titel boek] door [Auteur] (vertaald door [vertaler]).

You might have to tweak it a little (book/chapter/section) to have it make sense for your project. But it needs to state that it is a librivox recording and that it is in the public domain. :) You can edit it into the first post, if you like (just hit the edit button on the top right corner of the post and insert it where the English disclaimer is now).
Finally, I wish to use a 1848 antique hard copy of this Bible, published by the British and Foreign Bible society (Britsche en Buitenlandsche Bijbelgenootschap). I can send pictures to proof that I have the real one. This is a good edition (modernized 19th century spelling), with a nice large font for easy reading. Unfortunately, there is no scan of this book from 1848 on Google Books. There are however several from other years. I wish to use my hard copy however because I can't read the Bible from a computer screen. I hope that this is possible.
That is ok, you can read from your hard copy. Please scan a the page with the copyright information and upload it to my folder. :)

I have to go now, but I'll be back tomorrow :)
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Hello Kathrine,

Thanks for your help!

Here is the scan of the title page:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sv1637_statenvertaling_scan_titlepage.JPG

The book doesn't contain a copyright notification as modern books do. There is just the title page. Because it is a 1848 book there is no problem of course.

I can't wait to start recording :)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Great, thanks for the scan :) You can start recording whenever you are ready!
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Just to be complete: there appears to be another title page in this Bible pertaining to the New Testament.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sv1637_statenvertaling_scan_titlepageNT.JPG

I'll be reading the title according to this title page in my recordings (I've already edited this in the first post as you have suggested).
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for being thorough! The first post looks good. :)
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Hi Kathrine,

I've just uploaded the first chapter MP3 and changed the status to "ready for PL". I don't think however there will be prooflistening here will there? I did listen to it myself and it was "word perfect" (as it is called).

So what should the status be? Thanks for your answer!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

After you have edited your recording to your satisfaction, uploaded it and put it into the Magic Window, it should be marked Ready for PL. Then, your prooflistener listenes and marks it PL OK or gives suggestions for edits. This project does not have a prooflistener yet, but hopefully someone will come along :) I don't speak Dutch, but I have a basic understanding of German -- I figure if no one comes and offers to prooflisten, I'll do it before cataloging. However, if you know someone who you think might enjoy doing this kind of thing, please recruit them to LibriVox ...;)
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

All right, we'll see how that develops. Maybe I know someone to do that. For now, thanks for your help!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'll move the project over in Going Solo to keep the Launch Pad tidy :)
Kathrine
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hiya, als je het niet erg vind dat ik waarschijnlijk langzaam ben met luisteren zou ik mij als dpl aanbieden. ik begin maar meteen :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hoofdstukken 1, 2 en 3 zijn allemaal pl ok.

kathrine, please note that i cant check on the technical side of things as my ransomware protection just blocked the checker :roll:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

4 en 5 zijn ook beide pl ok :thumbs:
Carolin
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Carolin, fijn om te horen! Ik zal het aanpassen. Dank voor de moeite!