https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lionbenofelmisland_09_kellogg_128kb.mp3

The run time is 10:06.

Thanks,
James
Thank you.
RainerWalter

Post by RainerWalter »

Hi Lynne

So terribly sorry for this inconvenience.
I thought it was simply a cold but turns out i had came up with Tonsillitis and i am afraid that i might not be able to recover soon enough to accomplish this chapter within the month.
please assign my chapter to someone else, i would hate to slow down the process for everyone else.

if there is anything else i can help with without evolving reading, please let me know.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RainerWalter wrote:Hi Lynne

So terribly sorry for this inconvenience.
I thought it was simply a cold but turns out i had came up with Tonsillitis and i am afraid that i might not be able to recover soon enough to accomplish this chapter within the month.
please assign my chapter to someone else, i would hate to slow down the process for everyone else.

if there is anything else i can help with without evolving reading, please let me know.
I'm so sorry you're sick. I'll open up that section but two things: if you have recovered before we have finished, you're welcome back; and it's 2 months, not one 8-)
Have you considered proof listening? We always have a shortage of proof listeners!
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz
You can find something to proof listen by either looking for a project with a tilde (~) before the title, either in Readers Wanted, or in the New Projects Launch Pad; or you can look in Listeners Wanted, where there may be odd chapters or sections that need proofing.
Lynne
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

JamesOinam wrote:Hello Jill and Lynn,

Revised file has been uploaded on LV:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lionbenofelmisland_09_kellogg_128kb.mp3

The run time is 10:06.

Thanks,
James
Thank you James! Section 09 is now PL OK!

Jill :clap:
cy80rg

Post by cy80rg »

Hi all,

First time reader here, but I'll have a shot at Part 3 if that's ok?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cy80rg wrote:Hi all,

First time reader here, but I'll have a shot at Part 3 if that's ok?
Hi and Welcome to Librivox!
I see you have had your test OK'd, so that is an excellent start.
You will need to be entered in the catalog - I will do that using your forum name, but if you wish to change that to your real name, or a pseudonym, just let me know. We can also link to a personal website or blog if you wish.
Before you record your section, please be sure to read the first post. It has all the information you need but if you have questions, please ask.
Lynne
cy80rg

Post by cy80rg »

Hi Lynnet,

That's great - feel free to use my "real name" - Charles Middleton.

I've read the first post here, and have had a run through of that part - if it's still available when you've added me to the catalogue, I'd be pleased to read it!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cy80rg wrote:Hi Lynnet,

That's great - feel free to use my "real name" - Charles Middleton.

I've read the first post here, and have had a run through of that part - if it's still available when you've added me to the catalogue, I'd be pleased to read it!
I have already added you, but will go back and edit in your real name :thumbs:
If you look at the Magic Window, you will see section 2 has been assigned to you. If you click on your name, it will take you to your personal catalog page.
cy80rg

Post by cy80rg »

Hi Lynnet,

Just uploaded Chapt 3...

I think it could do with normalising down a bit, but I couldnt recall the levels you guys prefer here?

Link is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lionbenofelmisland_03_kellogg_128kb.mp3

This is my first attempt at something like this - im already "annoyed" with the sound of my own voice over the few hours it's taken me to do this! ;)
If anyone has any feedback, or constructive criticism, I'd be glad to hear it.

Quick query - what's "best practise" for the length of silence between paragraphs?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Just uploaded Chapt 3...

I think it could do with normalising down a bit, but I couldnt recall the levels you guys prefer here?

Link is:

This is my first attempt at something like this - im already "annoyed" with the sound of my own voice over the few hours it's taken me to do this! ;)

Quick query - what's "best practise" for the length of silence between paragraphs?
Thank you. How long is the file in mm:ss please?
Jill will proof listen soon and give you feedback. Those first couple of sections are the worst - it does get easier; and you get accustomed to hearing your own voice (or maybe I just think I sound like someone else).
As for breaks between paragraphs, it depends on what sounds natural, according to your reading speed. Somewhere in the 2-5 seconds usually works. Longer than that, your proof listener may say it is too long but it's very subjective.
Anyway, congratulations on your first recording :clap:
Lynne
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Just uploaded Chapt 3...

Link is:

Hello!

Wonderful job on your first section for LibriVox! Section 03 was read so entertainingly and with a great understanding of the tone of the chapter. I only have one note for you and it's a simple one: at time 0:24 include the chapter name "Tige Rhines" after saying "Chapter Three". Other than that, it's good to go. Congrats on competing your first section!

Jill :clap:
JTGary

Post by JTGary »

Hi Lynnet,

Seeking my first project after having been approved. Mind if I take a stab at section 12?
Using my forum name JTGary is fine.

Thanks!
Jason
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JTGary wrote:Hi Lynnet,

Seeking my first project after having been approved. Mind if I take a stab at section 12?
Using my forum name JTGary is fine.

Thanks!
Jason
Welcome to Librivox!
I have assigned that section to you. Please be sure to read the first post - all the information you need is there, but if you have questions. please ask.
I have added you to the catalog.
Lynne
BigRedCoyote

Post by BigRedCoyote »

Sorry I dropped off the radar. I have been away from the computer while I was undergoing radiation treatment for cancer, then got the flu, and have been hacking up fur-balls. I am a lot better now and would like to do chapter 13.