Complete [DRAMATIC READING] Black Beauty by Anna Sewell-m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Elizabby wrote:
I don't know if you want to know this, but there appear to be two mistakes which were read into the original files. :(

@0:46 and 1:00 Polly says "Mr Baker" when the name is "Mr Barker"

I would not normally pick this up, but Jeremiah Barker is one of the main human characters in the book, and this is his wife speaking! So, unfortunately, I'm going to recommend that we fix this. If necessary, the one paragraph can be re-read, and I know that Kristin is still around...

The whole paragraph is this one:
'the real fact is, master was put out because Mr. Barker refused to come on Sundays, and he has been trying other cabs, but there's something wrong with them all; some drive too fast, and some too slow, and the mistress says there is not one of them so nice and clean as yours, and nothing will suit her but Mr. Barker's cab again.'"
I'll PM Kristin about it.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I heard from Silverquill today, so hopefully we will have those lines soon!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you for all your work, everyone! Sorry I've been a bit AWOL the last few days. I really appreciate everyone helping to keep things going!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapters 35 and 47, 48, 49 are all PL OK! :9:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:
I don't know if you want to know this, but there appear to be two mistakes which were read into the original files. :(

@0:46 and 1:00 Polly says "Mr Baker" when the name is "Mr Barker"

I would not normally pick this up, but Jeremiah Barker is one of the main human characters in the book, and this is his wife speaking! So, unfortunately, I'm going to recommend that we fix this. If necessary, the one paragraph can be re-read, and I know that Kristin is still around...

The whole paragraph is this one:
'the real fact is, master was put out because Mr. Barker refused to come on Sundays, and he has been trying other cabs, but there's something wrong with them all; some drive too fast, and some too slow, and the mistress says there is not one of them so nice and clean as yours, and nothing will suit her but Mr. Barker's cab again.'"

I've uploaded the two lines with the fixed name:)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/blackbeauty_polly_missedlines.mp3
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kristin! Those two lines are PL OK and ready to be inserted!

EDIT: Oddly, this chapter is already marked PL OK and the editor removed, so I'm not sure who edited this chapter. Never mind, I'll make the correction myself in a minute...

EDIT: Done, and new file uploaded! The run time is still 5:43.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

So all that's left is the editing of two chapters and the PLing of Black Beauty's files? If so, I can PL some, if that's alright with Rachel (--that's okay if it's not, though).

EDIT: Nevermind -- what am I saying? There's no PLing left if everything's ready to edit! :roll:
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Actually, all that's left is two chapters, which have been edited (at least mine has) but are missing lines. :) Hopefully we can get those soon and get this finished. :D
Adele

Post by wildemoose »

Yeah, I've been hanging onto Chapter 8 for a long time - it's fully edited but it's missing several lines. I admit I haven't been following the thread super closely but I don't think we've had a response from the reader.
AdeledePignerolles

I think Maria said above that she heard from silverquill about the Ch 8 lines on Dec. 12th. I heard from Zames Curran on Nov. 28th (he said he'd do them but had a cold) but haven't had anything since then. I'll PM him again today in case he forgot. :)
Adele

Post by ZamesCurran »

AdeledePignerolles wrote: I heard from Zames Curran on Nov. 28th (he said he'd do them but had a cold) but haven't had anything since then. I'll PM him again today in case he forgot. :)
I probaby should have mentioned that the cold (actually a virus which has had my doctors puzzled), also had me a bit loopy for threee weeks. (I have no recollection of that PM exchange at all).

Anyway, here's Chap 27's Lord W:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/blackbeauty_lordw_27.mp3

(It really is 27, despite me identifying it as 17 in the recording)
Truth,
James
---------------------
AdeledePignerolles

Cool! I'll PL that when I edit it in. :)
Adele

Post by m8b1 »

Sorry for not keeping on top of this more the last month or so. I have PM'd Larry again about his missing lines - hopefully we will have them soon!.

Other than that, the only other thing we need is for Arielle to record an intro for the Dramatis Personae.
Would you be able to do that Arielle? I don't think I remembered to ask you about it before!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AdeledePignerolles

Here's Chapter 27! It's 5:05. I can edit the DP once Arielle records the intro if no one else wants to. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/blackbeauty_27_sewell_128kb.mp3
Thanks!
Adele