[COMPLETE] The Princess Pourquoi by Margaret P Sherwood - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Twolcott wrote:Whoops :P , I meant sections 7 & 8, which are parts 1 and 2 of "The Studious Sisters". I would love to read this!
Hi, and welcome to Librivox! Before you proceed, we recommend submitting a sample recording just to make sure all of your settings are correct. You can find instructions on how to do this in the Listeners and Editors forum. This isn't an audition, just a quick check to make sure your settings meet the Librivox requirements. After you've done that, please come back here and I'll put you down for those sections!

Also, what would you like your catalogue name to be? Some people use their real names, some use their forum names, it's up to you.
Twolcott

Post by Twolcott »

Thank you! I will work on the sample today and tomorrow and then get back to you.
Twolcott

Post by Twolcott »

I submitted my test and am eagerly awaiting feedback. Here's the link, in case you'd like to give feedback as well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_twolcott.mp3

In the chapter I'd like to read for Princess Porquoise, I'd use a British accent. I am very excited to be reading for Librivox! Thank you for all that you do as a volunteer.
linny

Post by linny »

Beth,
Well done. I especially enjoyed your witch woman. Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

linny wrote:Beth,
Well done. I especially enjoyed your witch woman. Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK!
Oh, Linny, thanks so much for the PL!
Twolcott

Post by Twolcott »

I passed the test, so I'm ready to go for "The Studious Sisters" if you like. I hadn't read through all of the posts in this forum and now realize that Eliabby has suggested that you read those sections since they are a continuation of sections 1 & 2. This makes sense!!! Let me know if you'd like me to make the commitment, I am happy either way, as there are many wonderful project choices to volunteer for. I'm sooo excited to get started. :lol:

By the way, I listened to Elizabby's sections and was soooo IMPRESSED! She sounds so natural, relaxed, and yet animated. :clap:
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Twolcott wrote:I passed the test, so I'm ready to go for "The Studious Sisters" if you like. I hadn't read through all of the posts in this forum and now realize that Eliabby has suggested that you read those sections since they are a continuation of sections 1 & 2. This makes sense!!! Let me know if you'd like me to make the commitment, I am happy either way, as there are many wonderful project choices to volunteer for. I'm sooo excited to get started. :lol:

By the way, I listened to Elizabby's sections and was soooo IMPRESSED! She sounds so natural, relaxed, and yet animated. :clap:
Wonderful! I'd be very happy for you to read those sections. Please let me know if you have any questions about recording or submitting them. Just so you know, we do ask that no one listens to or downloads reader sections before the project is cataloged (unless they're the PL or editor) to reduce load on the servers. No worries at all, just something to be aware of for the future! I know it's hard to resist, Elizabby is a wonderful reader! :mrgreen:
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

We are now fully subscribed and can be moved to Readers Found!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the hint. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Sections 1 and 2 are ready for PL!
linny

Post by linny »

Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK with the exception of volume on section 2. Both are low but section 2 falls below range at 85.3dB.

Such a fun story. Great job. :thumbs:
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

That's weird, I ran them both through the Checker! I can increase volume and re-upload.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Both now amplified and re-uploaded.
linny

Post by linny »

Both are spot check PL OK!
Twolcott

Post by Twolcott »