The City of God Against the Pagans (Latin: De ciuitate Dei contra paganos), often called The City of God, is a book of Christian philosophy written in Latin by Augustine of Hippo in the early 5th century AD. The book was in response to allegations that Christianity brought about the decline of Rome and is considered one of Augustine's most important works, standing alongside The Confessions, The Enchiridion, On Christian Doctrine and On the Trinity. As a work of one of the most influential Church Fathers, The City of God is a cornerstone of Western thought, expounding on many profound questions of theology, such as the suffering of the righteous, the existence of evil, the conflict between free will and divine omniscience, and the doctrine of original sin. ( Wikipedia)
- Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/decivitatedeilib01augu https://archive.org/details/sanctiaureliiau11augugoog
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin ===========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
[*] Project Code: SRTIEY1S
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Saint Augustine of Hippo) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Augustine_of_Hippo
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_of_God_(book)
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 69
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known): 426 AD
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other; *Non-fiction/Philosophy/Ancient
Keywords that describe the book:
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
- "Pars prima operis Sancti Aurelii Augustini Episcopi De Civitate Dei. Haec est transcriptio vocis a societate Librivoce facta. Omnia quae hic conservantur bono publico usui sunt. Vel ut plus scias, vel ut societatem adjuves, utinam revisas locum interretialem: Librivox punctum org. "
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
- "Pars [numerus] operis De Civitate Dei. Haec transcriptio a societate Librivoce facta bono publico usui est"
- At the end of the section, say:
"Finis partis [numerus]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"Finis operis Sancti Aurelii Augustini Episcopi De Civitate Dei. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
[*]Example filename civitatedeilibrixxii_###_augustineofhippo_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ### is the section number (e.g. civitatedeilibrixxii_001_augustineofhippo_128kb.mp3)
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: S. Aurelius Augustinus Episcopus
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: De Civitate Dei Libri XXII
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below[/list]