COMPLETE Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf by George W. M. Reynolds - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf by George W. M. Reynolds (1814 - 1879).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project:https://librivox.org/wagner-the-wehr-wolf-by-george-w-m-reynolds/
Wagner is a poor, lonely old shepherd living on the edge of the Black Forest. In a devil's pact he gains youth and wealth for the price of transforming into a ravenous wolf once a month. This book contains everything from murder, kidnap, robbery, sadistic nuns and lust to war in sixteenth century Italy. Originally published in a serialised form, this penny dreadful is definitely not a piece of fine literature, but is hopefully entertaining.

This book contains racial and other prejudices that were once commonplace. They are retained, as originally written in this recording, because to do otherwise would be to deny they existed.

(clarinetcarrot)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27202
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

• Project Code: 2ANioIDm
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (George W. M. Reynolds) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._M._Reynolds
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 71
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    • Original publication date (if known): 1846-7
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project: Fantastic Fiction/Gothic Fiction; Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Italy, werewolf, penny dreadful, penny blood

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf, by George W. M. Reynolds. [Section]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section [number] of Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf by George W. M. Reynolds. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Section title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf, by George W. M. Reynolds. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename wagnerthewehrwolf_##_reynolds_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. wagnerthewehrwolf_01_reynolds_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: George W. M. Reynolds
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by clarinetcarrot on August 14th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I can MC this -- I'll be back with a MW

ETA:
All set up :) As usual, you don't have to fill in the ID3 tags unless you particularly want to -- they are filled in when I catalog, in any case. Feel free to shorten the filename, if you want to (I don't have anything in my uploader folder with wagner or wehrwolf...).

And please holler if I can help out with anything! :thumbs:
Kathrine
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

Thanks very much!
I don't have anything in my uploader folder with wagner or wehrwolf
Yeah, I can see that coming about. I'll probably just stick with full version anyway, as I tend to select the last recording and change the section number, so it doesn't create any extra typing

Edit: Well, I may have messed up slightly already! I put it to start the section numbers at 0 because of the prologue, thinking I would match up the chapter numbers to reduce awkwardness, only to just remember now that I had to split up some of the later chapters because they were too big. Which I even took into account when working out the number of sections I wanted. (How I managed to simultaneously remember and forget something I don't know.) I'll probably sort it so that I read 'section [number]' instead, because I know I won't be able to stand reading 'chapter X' when it's actually chapter Y, and giving the chapter in the section title bit. So now it starts at 0 for no good reason. Oh well. /end rant at own incompetence.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

The way the MW looks now makes perfect sense to me (it still makes sense to have the prologue as section 0, even if some later chapters are split because of length, IMO). However, if you would like the prologue to be section 1 or something, I can remove the first section for you. (And you can make more sections, yourself, in the MW if you need to). If you are not happy with the way it is now, please feel free to tinker with it till you are! Again, you can make more sections, and I can delete sections for you, including section 0. It is your solo, so you should be happy with the way it is shaping up :)
Kathrine
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

Not sure how you can have it start with a section 1 as they renumber themselves, but maybe that's something you can do and I can't! (Not something I've encountered before.) I've done a little bit of editing so that I would give a section number, so that I would give the chapter details in the [Section title] bit. That's probably good enough for me; especially as I don't know how to do any better! :)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Yes, I can take out section 0, so the first section is section 1. Just let me know if you want me to. :D
Kathrine
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

Might as well. Thanks for your help!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

No worries! Done :thumbs:

ETA:
By the way, let's add tilde (~) in the title of the thread, so prospective DPLs can come :) (unless you have a DPL up the sleeve?)
Kathrine
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

Ah fantastic!

'Fraid I don't, but now I know what the ~ means here!
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

Well, I've got a section up now, so perhaps that will tempt a DPL!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Excellent :) Let's stay here another day or so, before moving over to Going Solo. When you have another section or so up we can post in the Listeners Wanted forum. But I'm not worried -- someone will come along :)
Kathrine
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Would enjoy being dpl.
DaveC
clarinetcarrot

Post by clarinetcarrot »

That would be lovely thanks. :)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome, Dave :)

ETA:
And with that, let's move over to Going Solo :thumbs:
Kathrine
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK.

There is a very brief extraneous background sound at 10:55.9.