COMPLETE My Friend Annabel Lee by Mary MacLane -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

sorry for the inconvenience darryl! well, at least a hack would have been worse, if you will excuse a bit of dutch comfort here :)
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Old Section 4 was PL OK, so I have updated this one as well.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Thanks, Anthony. Thanks, Carolin. Close call. Been having some technical difficulties over here, as well as some visitors more often. I guess it's just as well I lagged on this since stuff got lost. (Loved how everyone in the forums were all helpful with each other. That's the old-book people I know. :) )

I'll be happy to return to this. It looks like I have two more chapters I recorded already. I shall try to get back in the swing of all this. It's constructive. I like constructive. :mrgreen:
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

sounds great M. I can't wait. What a great story and your reading style is most enjoyable to listen to. :thumbs:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Thanks, Anthony! That really cheered me up. Well I've been wanting to create audio books since I was either little or in my teens and was always told I had to be a movie star or something. Ha ha! And here we are doing what we love. Money is all well and good but fulfillment is preferable. ^_^

Now let's see if I can get back into the swing of this again. Chapter ten at 11 minutes and 3 seconds...

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_10_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 10 - Minnie Maddern Fiske

PL OK
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 11 - Like a Stone Wall

One small technical issue...

-The silence at the end of the recording is 10s and should be 5s for recordings less than 30m in length.

Perfect otherwise! Please repair and re-upload for the ok!
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Mmmmmmm! Thank you, Anthony. I got so used to those long silences in previous chapters and works. I should get to that soon. It looks like the next chapter will mostly be Annabel Lee speaking and shorter. (I remember teaching myself, by observation, that when the quotation mark isn't hooked to the end of a sentence or paragraph then a new quotation mark shows up in the next one it means the same person is still speaking.) Hoping to get to the edit and that tonight!

[edit] here is chapter 11 at 8:05 now

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_11_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thanks M.
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Got to chapter 12 at 6 minutes and 19 seconds:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_12_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 12 - To Fall in Love

There is one small technical error;

The volume is 83.6dB and should be between 86-92dB
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Okay, try it now...
Morlock wrote:Got to chapter 12 at 6 minutes and 19 seconds:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_12_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi guys. Sorry for the delay. The volume is still a little low at 84.3dB. If you want you can use this checker tool;

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

This is what I use to check audio levels.
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote:Hi guys. Sorry for the delay. The volume is still a little low at 84.3dB. If you want you can use this checker tool;

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

This is what I use to check audio levels.
Wow! And I was worried it was so loud that distortion was coming in. I'll work on it.

Just wanted to let you know, what with the holidays we've been busy, and then, of course we caught a cold so we've been really sick over here and I have some laryngitis now. So that's the update. I'll get to this chapter when I can. Thanks! (Love this work, always did, always wanted to do it and here I am. I love it!)

:9:

[EDIT:]

Just wanted to post. My higher octaves/notes/whatever are still coming back super-slowly. (I showed off my laryngitis in my January 2017 podcast.) Hopefully I'll try and get back to this, either editing or performing. That might help break the gunk out if I give reading a shot. I think that's helped before. Just wanted to say howdy, and give a heads up again. (29 Jan 2017)