Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4 PL OK.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The forum and database (the whole website) have temporarily lost everything since September 15.
Please do not post or upload anything you don't want lost when the sysadmin retrieves the missing info from backup.
(Everything posted or uploaded on this current, missing-data version of the website will be lost.)

Hopefully all will be well and restored to what it was as of Friday morning shortly.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded in recovering any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

As a soloist, you know which sections you have completed
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* You should be able to enter everything directly into the Magic Window, then post you have done that.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate. Remember everyone - including MCs, BCs and DPLS - is a volunteer and has life outside LV.

This is frustrating for everyone, and thankfully is very rare. We just need to pick up the pieces the best we can.

Thank you.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

John,
You haven't posted anything since July - or reposted if you put something up during the September crash. Are you still intending to record this work?
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Placed On Hold 1/11/17 as have not heard anything from soloist in the thread or in response to PMs.
John, if you wish to reactivate the project before someone else claims it, please contact any admin.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SOLOIST HOPES TO RETURN BY APRIL 2017
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Abandoned. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am here to pick up the project. Waiting for an mc to make the necessary changes to the first post.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think I've given you access to the MW and the first post, I can't MC it , and I'm off to bed but you should be able to do what you can do

Anne
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

I’m confused. Are chapters 1-4 still missing? Or are we able to use the originals?

Either way, I’d love to be involved in this. Can I take 5 and 6?
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi,
chapters 1-4 are missing, as far as I can see. I need to start the project from the beginning. I will take the summary and put it in the new thread. I would wait for an mc there. Chuck, when I open the new thread, I will put you down for five and six. Ok?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

miss stav wrote: July 7th, 2018, 11:12 am Hi,
chapters 1-4 are missing, as far as I can see. I need to start the project from the beginning. I will take the summary and put it in the new thread. I would wait for an mc there. Chuck, when I open the new thread, I will put you down for five and six. Ok?
Wait until Annise gets back. The files are probably in storage, and the links in the MW won't work until the MC moves them and fixes the links.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Oh ok, I thought they were not uploaded again after September 2016 when everything was deleted, but I don't know how such things go.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I can MC this.

The first four files pass the Checker tests. I have added them to my folder and updated the links in the MW.

Planning to stay in the Launch Pad for a few days in hopes of attracting a DPL.

David O
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi David,
that's wonderful, thanks. Glad to work with you. Will try to fill in the mw today or tomorrow.
Stav.