[NOT AN ERROR] Incorrect section listed

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
robinrobin

Post by robinrobin »

The Albert Gate Mystery
Louis TRACY (1863 - 1928)
Read by Caroline
The sections are read as chapters and 2 of the chapters are split into a and b which throws the section numbers off.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

https://librivox.org/the-albert-gate-mystery-by-louis-tracy/

Do the links on the catalog page point to the correct chapters or chapters parts for the section titles listed?

Do the correct chapters or chapter parts download and/or play when these links are used?

Are the chapter or chapter parts listed in the correct order and do they sort/play in the correct order?

David O
robinrobin

Post by robinrobin »

Everything plays in the correct order. Chapters 11 and 13 are split into 2 parts. There are 22 chapters but it's listed as 24. It's not really a problem just a little confusing. So 13 part 2 is listed as 15 and 14 is listed as 16 etc. Do you ever split up the numbers in the listing like 11a and 11b?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The numbers on the catalog page are sequential and correspond with the sections rather than the chapters. They aren't separated with A and B, no - our cataloging system which adds them will not do that. They either start with 1 or 0 (if there's a preface), and if chapters are split up like in this project, they won't correspond with the chapter number. :)

So in other words, it's something you'll have to get used to. Sorry!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
robinrobin

Post by robinrobin »

Do the readers ever announce the sections? "End of chapter 14, section 16"?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Not that I know of - but probably some do , it's not an error I would call as a PLer. Our readers are humans , and volunteers , and hopefully having fun. And our PLers are not policeman. As long as an end statement is made on each file so I could be sure something had not been cut off , I'd be quite happy

Anne
robinrobin

Post by robinrobin »

I notice the url uses chapter numbers rather than section numbers.
http://ia601402.us.archive.org/14/items/albertgate_1205_librivox/albertgate_11b_tracy.mp3
http://ia801402.us.archive.org/14/items/albertgate_1205_librivox/albertgate_12_tracy.mp3
The url is what I use to figure out where I am and pick the next file.
Thanks for your responses.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

In our old cataloging system, that could be done. Since about August 2013, though, the file names have to be numerical only and sequential; they now match the section numbers (starting either from 0 or 1). I see that this project was cataloged in 2012, so it used the old cataloging system where things like A and B could be in the section/chapter number part of the file name. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi robin, welcome to librivox!

im the reader for that project so i might be able to explain. i split those chapters into two recordings because they were rather long to read for me in one go. i named them and b to show that it is still the same chapter but the first and second parts of it. in the recording, you will hear me tell you in the intros and outros that this is chapter 11 part 1, and chapter 11 part 2, so i hope that will help making listening less confusing.

im sorry for the inconvenience and ill keep in mind that this splitting can cause trouble. maybe it can be avoided in future projects :) thank you!
Carolin
robinrobin

Post by robinrobin »

Not a problem. I really enjoy listening to your readings.