COMPLETE Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AlyssaJoanne

Post by AlyssaJoanne »

Hello!

I joined a while ago, but my old computer died before I could contribute any recordings after getting feedback from my previous test. I just submitted a new test today. When I am approved, may I have chapters 32, and 36-38 assigned to me?
Alyssa
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Welcome! I've been having a ton of fun with this project, and I hope you do, too. Things have been pretty quiet around here, so it's great to see someone new come join in. Our BC is maggietravers, who's been out for a little while, since life sometimes interferes with LibriVox, unfortunately. I've just requested 36-38, but she hasn't had a chance to update the magic window yet. As far as I know, 32 is still free, though I hesitate to speak for her. You may want to wait to record until she's able to confirm your choices.

Either way, thanks for joining us, and enjoy this wonderful book!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've updated the MW.

AlyssaJoanne, I've assigned you 32. Please let me know if there is another section you would like to read.

MaryAnn
AlyssaJoanne

Post by AlyssaJoanne »

Thank you! I'm almost done with getting my test recording approved, then I'll start working on it.
Alyssa
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is chapter 37. Run time 10:42.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_37_macdonald_128kb.mp3

I've chosen to skip 36 for the time being, until I get some feedback about my question (above) regarding the footnote.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I'm sorry Devorah, I don't see a question on a footnote. Can you remind me and perhaps I can give some thoughts if Maggie is not around this week.

MaryAnn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, you're right. There isn't one. I remember typing it a few days ago, but evidently never actually posted it.

Chapter 36 contains a footnote, and I don't really know whether to record it. I'd like to, as it contains some cool information. But there are two other footnotes in the book, in chapters which have already been recorded, and those footnotes were not read. One of them was in a chapter I read, The Slate, I think it was. For some reason, I didn't notice the footnote in that one. The other was in the chapter entitled Ambush, which was read by Jeremy Butler. (I don't have chapter numbers right now, I'm just typing from what I remember.) Anyway, all of these footnotes are really cool, I think, and I'd be willing to edit the chapter I already read to include it, if that's what gets decided, but I don't know if Jeremy would be willing to do the same. Or, in the interest of simplicity, should we just leave everything as is, and, in the interest of continuity, leave the note out of 36 as well?
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

WOW!!! :shock: For some reason, I stopped getting email notifications that there was anything posted to this forum :hmm: I have updated the MW with all the pending files waiting for PLing, and I will get to this ASAP! I'm running a 10k out of town this weekend, so it'll be next week before I start but they won't take me long. Thank you, Maryann, for keeping the project going.

For the footnotes, if you want to read them that's fine. I don't mind if you want to redo the other chapter you did and include it, but we won't worry about other chapters that are finished and don't have them. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

As much as I can tell, I think things are finally settling down after family deaths and movings. I plan on getting this project caught up!

Thanks everyone!
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Chapter 60 is too loud at 93.6 dB. It needs to be reduced to closer to 89 dB and then reuploaded, please!

Otherwise, it is PL OK :)
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Chapter 33 is PL OK!
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Chapter 37 is PL OK!
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

PL NOTES FOR CHAPTER 35:

There is a repeat of "While Gibbie away to the side of the rope" at about 8:30
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Hope everyone has had lovely holidays and is ready for the new year! I'll soon be going though the MW and updating/contacting those with overdue assignments and editing. If you need an extension, please contact me! Hoping to finish up this project in the near future :)
~Maggie

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Happy New Year, everyone! I think life is starting to regain some post-holiday equilibrium now, so I expect to be able to continue with this project. I made Christmas presents for nine nieces and nephews this year, so for a little while there, every free hour was devoted to finishing them.

I have fixed Chapter 35. I missed that in editing. Thanks for catching it. Here it is: (New time is 13:45)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_35_macdonald_128kb.mp3

I did record Chapter 38 before the holidays, and I should be able to finally edit it this afternoon. Looking forward to getting back on the LV wagon!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As promised, here is Chapter 38. Run time is 13:32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_38_macdonald_128kb.mp3

I also added the footnote to Chapter 24. New time is 16:26.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_24_macdonald_128kb.mp3

I will try to get Chapter 36 done by Monday morning.