COMPLETE: Maker of Opportunities- George Gibbs -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Tony,

Chapters 17, 18 and 19 are all PL OK! :thumbs:

Don
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
tony123

Post by tony123 »

Thank you a lot Don!

20 is now ready.

I'm afraid that when I started the project, I forgot to put the very last underscore before 128kb, in the filename of my mp3's. :roll: I only noticed it today because LibriVox took a time out while I was uploading chapter 20, and, for some reason when I started to upload again, I noticed the missing underscore. Then I noticed that I had left it out of all the other filenames too because I had simply pasted the pattern of my filenames into each of my chapters, changing only the section numbers.

So, chapter 20 is the first with the correct filename with the last underscore before 128 kb.

Jo,

I'm going to change the filenames of my mp3's, and I'll reupload sections one through nineteen with the correct names with the underscore before 128kb, unless you prefer to change them yourself. I'd just like to do whatever makes the least work for you, so let me know.
Sorrrry!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Tony,

No need to do all that extra uploading. It's no big deal for me to rename the files on the server. It would be helpful, however, if you could correct the links in the section compiler. :)
Jo
tony123

Post by tony123 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:Tony,

No need to do all that extra uploading. It's no big deal for me to rename the files on the server. It would be helpful, however, if you could correct the links in the section compiler. :)
Thank you Jo,

Will do!
tony123

Post by tony123 »

Section compiler links changed. :thumbs:

Thanks again Jo!
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Tony,

Chapter 20 is PL OK!

My DPL technical skills must be lacking, for in 19 chapters, I didn't notice the missing underscore at all! :oops: :)

Don
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
tony123

Post by tony123 »

21 is ready.

Thank you Don! :clap:

Don't feel bad Don; it's such a subtle thing, that little underscore. If I'd been writing out the filename each time, I think I would have caught it sooner, but since I only wrote it out once, and only pasted the section numbers in after that, I was doooomed! The amazing thing was that I caught it at all!

A few things:

Bulls are supposedly color blind. I actually had to look that up to assure myself of it. :P

In chapter 19, Patricia says that the cross-country golf course will be laid out like a drag, and Mortimer asks, "With an anise-seed bag?"

I had to research that and found that it had to do with a more humane approach to fox hunting at the end of the nineteenth and beginning of the twentieth century. Instead of the hounds and horses chasing a fox, they would chase the scent of an anise-seed bag that had been dragged along a course of various hazards and jumps. This was made fun of by the more manly purists of the sport and, evidently made for quite a bit of satire in some of the magazines of the time.

Thank you once again Don! :thumbs:

And thank you Jo! :D And for the extra work!!
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Tony,

Chapter 21 is PL OK! Great work! :clap:

Interesting fact regarding fox-hunting; something I hadn't heard of.

I had originally read this book about 5 years ago, when I produced the ebook for Project Gutenberg (PG). My impression of it then was: "Eh? It's OK." But your reading made it much more enjoyable this time around, and heightened my interest in the story a good deal. Thank you for the wonderful rendering, and I've enjoyed working with you once again! :thumbs:

Don

P.S. I've enjoyed working again with you, as well, Jo. Thank you!
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Tony on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

http://librivox.org/the-maker-of-opportunities-by-george-gibbs/
Jo
tony123

Post by tony123 »

Thanks Jo!

I've checked, and all the links seem to work just fine!

Best to you!