Decline and fall of the Roman Empire V 6- scrambled sections

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
niobium

Post by niobium »

I recall some of the sections appear to be listed in the wrong order and there are a few times where the sound quality is off. Can the next person who listens through the book take note to pinpoint these errors?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We need error reports to have some facts - and as I said yesterday we do not "fix" sound quality of existing recordings,
At 28,275 people have downloaded it , which is pretty good for volume 6 . I'll move this to another forum.

Anne
niobium

Post by niobium »

This same problem does happen a few times across the volumes of decline and fall. some of the sections appear to be listed out of order, or at least from the file I downloaded them from. It dosnt look like many others are complaining, but maybe the catalog names of some of the tracks were off.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

What I was trying to say was that you need to say which ones - there are 42 section in each of 6 volumes. Every one here is a volunteer - including the MCs . Over 250 sections take a great deal of bandwidth and time to check.

Anne
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

As far as I can see there are just slips in the reading of the introduction of a few sections.

The introduction for Section 14 is read as Chap. 62 part 1, instead of Chap. 63 part 1.
The introduction for Section 16 is read as Chap. 16 instead of Chap. 64 part 1.
The introduction for Section 19 is read as Chap. 14 instead of Chap. 64 part 4.

I can't see anything else wrong with Vol. 6, and these are very minor slips: the actual text recorded is correct, as far as I can tell without listening to it all.

The source text links to Vol. 5, and should be Vol. 6 http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/736, which I have corrected.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding