[COMPLETE/AUTOBIO] The Alpine Path by Lucy Maud Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

The Alpine Path: The Story of my Career by Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874 - 1942).

This is an abandoned solo, adopted as a group project by TriciaG.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-alpine-path-the-story-of-my-career-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/
L.M. Montgomery's autobiography highlighting her early childhood and literary career. Published in 1917 after she had written several novels. ( Carolyn Agee)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/alpinepathstory00montgoog
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
  6. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  7. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Alpine Path: The Story of my Career. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Alpine Path: The Story of my Career, by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Chapter [number, text]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Alpine Path: The Story of my Career, by Lucy Maud Montgomery. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  8. Example filename alpinepath_##_montgomery_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. alpinepath_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3)
  9. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  10. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by AgeeC on October 21st, 2016, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpine Path: 1/10 recording complete. Post production 1/10
My Librivox Page
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Hi,

I started this project in late September. I can't remember who my MC and DPLs were (sorry, I'm really bad at names IRL, screen names are even harder)... :help:
My Librivox Page
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I was the DPL :D I'm still interested if you'll have me.

Can't remember who the MC was - was it Annise? Or MaryAnn?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It was MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

And here I am. I'll get you set up with a Magic Window.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK Carolyn, here we are, MW is ready for you to fill in.

The system thinks you are a brand new BC, so you will need to go through the process to set up a password again.

Instructions are here:

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

Let me know if you have any trouble. Sorry that you had to restart your solo . . . At this point you are well practiced in setting up a project!

MaryAnn
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

SweetPea wrote:I was the DPL :D I'm still interested if you'll have me.
Yes, please! Kindred Spirits unite!
My Librivox Page
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:OK Carolyn, here we are, MW is ready for you to fill in.

The system thinks you are a brand new BC, so you will need to go through the process to set up a password again.

Instructions are here:

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

Let me know if you have any trouble. Sorry that you had to restart your solo . . . At this point you are well practiced in setting up a project!

MaryAnn
Thanks!!
My Librivox Page
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

We're all checked in, so I'll move this to going solo, to keep our busy busy launch pad tidy.

MaryAnn
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Update: Recorded Ch. 1. I just need to process the audio.
My Librivox Page
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

My apologies! I have been absolutely swamped with unanticipated life events. I will process the audio on ch. 1 tonight, and if all goes well upload ch. 2 next week!
My Librivox Page
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for the update!
MaryAnn
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Should have things to upload this week
My Librivox Page
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Sorry, technical difficulties on my end. Very nearly done with the first chapter, though I may need to re-record 2 minutes. My goal is to have it uploaded tomorrow night and then record the rest of the sections by the end of the month.
My Librivox Page
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Okay! I think I finally have the hang of things! Whew! The editing for the first chapter is finished, aside from 30 seconds I need to re-record. It must wait until morning as my neighbours are being too loud to record, just now! It will defintely be uploaded tomorrow! :clap:
My Librivox Page