[FIXED] Repeat in The Malay Archipelago Vol. 2

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

It was a big project and I hope I'm not nitpicking if I mention that, between episodes of drifting off to sleep (as I do when I try to process a project as ambitious as this), I noticed in Section 3, at about 13:10, that there is a repeat of "while the branches at the edge of the clearing".

https://librivox.org/the-malay-archipelago-vol-2-by-alfred-russel-wallace/

Best,

Barbara
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

viewtopic.php?p=726063#p726063

It seems this was noticed by the PL. Evidently it didn't get around to being corrected.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We accept there will be some errors and 1 repeat in over 9 hours in a project that took almost 5 years with changes in PLers and readers does not seem to me a major breakdown in the system. I'll probably fix it sometime when I have a spare moment but I'm not prepared to allocate blame after 5 years.

Anne
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

annise wrote:We accept there will be some errors and 1 repeat in over 9 hours in a project that took almost 5 years with changes in PLers and readers does not seem to me a major breakdown in the system. I'll probably fix it sometime when I have a spare moment but I'm not prepared to allocate blame after 5 years.

Anne
Of course, Anne. It was trivial.

I was actually looking for a way to thank the reader (or the first reader, as he's the only one I've heard so far) for having done such a good job. As it seems he's not around any more, I posted the error as a way really of drawing attention to the project :).

Best,

Barbara
carteki

Post by carteki »

Anne,
I'm happy to fix as I have time available. I'll just wait for Barbara to finish listening so that only 1 fix is required.
Kim
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

carteki wrote:Anne,
I'm happy to fix as I have time available. I'll just wait for Barbara to finish listening so that only 1 fix is required.
Kim

Good idea, thanks Kim. I've just heard another repeat. It had also been picked up by a DPL. So I'll keep notes and PM you when I've listened to the end of the volume, shall I?

This reader is exceptionally enjoyable to listen to!

Best,

Barbara
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Hi Kim, as suggested by you, I am posting this in the Error thread:

I have been listening so as to be lulled to sleep by the voice of the Irish reader. So I might have drifted off and missed some. Here are those I noticed:

Section 1
3:19 ish "the walls are of stone " etc repeat,
9:28ish "Drake and other early voyagers" repeat.

Section 3 13:10ish, that there is a repeat of "while the branches at the edge of the clearing".

Section 5 18:52ish repeat "The seaway was smooth - the sea was smooth

All the above had been marked for correction by the proof listener, along with other mistakes. These particular ones do not seem to have been corrected.

I didn't notice any mistakes from Section 6 on and I stopped listening when the golden-tonsilled nlonghu gave up the project.

Best,

Barbara
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The files are being replaced now. Marking this as Fixed.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart