Is it worth doing a clean-out of Going Solo?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

There are some very old projects still on Going Solo. For example, '[Duet - German] Die Abenteuer Tom Sawyers by Mark Twain- avs' hasn't been updated for over four years. Aren't the rules that if a solo project goes three months without an update, they're converted to a group project?

Though it seems that for at least one of them, the recording is done, but still needs to be listened to.

I'm not saying you should just close all the posts older than three months right now, but maybe message the readers, and see if they're intending to continue them.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

We leave it up to the individual MC to enforce or be lenient with the 3 month guideline for solos, Jordan. Often there has been private communication between the soloist and the MC that isn't in the thread, for example. If it's someone I have worked with multiple times, I will generally give them a little more leeway before abandoning the project.
Jo
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

I should have been more clear.

I don't think that all requests older than 3 months need to be looked at. I was more asking about the ones that that haven't had an update in a long time, and the reader has similarly been off-line for a long time.

For example, '[SOLO]Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall by Annie Roe Carr - avs' hasn't had an update in over three years, and the reader, lindaciano, has not visited the site in over three years.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

You definitely have a point there jordan. Only, sometimes there are other concerns involved that we might not know about, whatever they are. So as long as the mc is still around, we leave it up to them to decide :)

There arent too many old projects, and they don't really take up space or are in someones way, so this isnt an urgent issue :)
Carolin
carteki

Post by carteki »

Some MC's made use of The August Anniversary and the server crash to get in touch with older, sticky projects so sometimes the date last accessed may not be correct. However I do know of a few that were completed as a result of the "nudge" and a couple were moved to the "abandoned projects" list.
Currently the "old projects" mainly are from from MC. If there is a sticky project that you're interested in completing - contact the MC and see what they say.

Kim
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

From a space point of view it doesn't make any difference as we keep the old threads anyhow - they are our record keeping. I've 3 I'm MCing on the last page and they all tell me they wish to finish it, and answer my PMs. I don't necessarily post the results of the PMs - people's real life issues are their own in my view
So like most things in LV , one size doesn't fit all :D

Anne
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And, to answer the question about this project, yes the recording is finished, but the sections are not fully edited. I have listened to a few of them and they are missing sections of the text. I have taken over MC'ing the project, and have heard from the DPL. There are some things going on in the reader's life that I can't get into, and they would like the chance to finish it. I'm not going anywhere, so I can wait.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!