COMPLETE The Roosevelt Bears Abroad by Seymour Eaton - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jncarlson7

Post by jncarlson7 »

Hello!
I proof-listened to section 1. The only mistake I found was at 3:20. The reader said "Or learning to balloon" but the text says "Or learning ballooning..." All other specifications and requirements were met.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

jncarlson7 wrote:Hello!
I proof-listened to section 1. The only mistake I found was at 3:20. The reader said "Or learning to balloon" but the text says "Or learning ballooning..." All other specifications and requirements were met.
Thanks very much for your PL work! Sometimes it amazes me how my brain can re-arrange words like that without my noticing...

But, with our MC's encouragement, I am going to mark this PL OK as is. The level of proof-listening for this project is just "standard," and it would likely stick out more with a patched in fix. I have probably passed several of this type of slip in my PLing of everyone else's files as well since I am not using the text for a word-perfect check.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks Jonas,
The intros and endings are now correct. There were just several extra seconds of silence at the beginning of the files (Librivox directions state "No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording"), but I went ahead and cut them off and re-uploaded this time. I also added the file durations. Please remember to include those along with your file uploads in future. Thanks again!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
toadoftoadhall

Post by toadoftoadhall »

Thanks...and sorry. I must be a librabate.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

toadoftoadhall wrote:Thanks...and sorry. I must be a librabate.
Oh, please don't infer that tone from my directions! I know of other readers who have struggled with all the details at first too. You'll have no trouble as you comb through the first post of a book's thread to check for all the details. They become second nature the more you double check them. Keep reading, and... have fun! :D
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks Twinkle!
~ Hannah
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks Rachel!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapters 5 and 10 are PL OK, Twinkle!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 3 is PL OK, Rachel!
~ Hannah
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks, Rachel!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 4 is PL OK!

Recording is finished! Thank you all!! :clap:
~ Hannah