COMPLETE - Our Mutual Friend - Charles Dickens - AF/ec

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Well you pass the alertness test, Hawden! :) Thanks for picking that up, and for the revised chapter. :)
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Fantastic, thanks so much! :D
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

I fixed Bk 1 Ch 2 and updated the link in the Magic Box.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded a revised file (with suffix "_v2) for Section 55, that is, Book 4 Chapter 05 to:
http://librivox.earthcallingdavid.com/mutualfriend/ourmutualfriend_bk4_05_dickens_v2.mp3
This is Section 55: Book 4 chapter 05 - Concerning the Mendicant's Bride. It now runs for 53:26.
Last edited by Hawden on June 2nd, 2007, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
"But I want some reading—some fine bold reading, some splendid book..." Noddy Boffin in Our Mutual Friend
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded a revised file (with suffix "_v2) for Section 54, that is, Book 4 Chapter 04 to:
http://librivox.earthcallingdavid.com/mutualfriend/ourmutualfriend_bk4_04_dickens_v2.mp3
This is Section 54: Book 4 chapter 04 - A Runaway Match. It now runs for 31:09.
Alan
"But I want some reading—some fine bold reading, some splendid book..." Noddy Boffin in Our Mutual Friend
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I'm not sure who is doing all this Proof-Listening :shock: , but it is a MAMMOTH job and is being done SO WELL. Thank you very much!!!
Alan
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Thanks for those revised files, Hawden :D

Yes, the proof listening is massive, and I'm so glad we have some top people on the job.
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded a revised file (with suffix '_v2') for Section 61, that is, Book 4 Chapter 11 to:
http://librivox.earthcallingdavid.com/mutualfriend/ourmutualfriend_bk4_11_dickens_v2.mp3
This is Section 61: Book 4 chapter 11 - Effect is Given.....
It now runs for 35:36.

I have a SORE THROAT :P at the moment, but hope to record Section 42 at the weekend.
Last edited by Hawden on June 7th, 2007, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Thanks for the revised file, Hawden - hope the throat feels better soon. :)
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I am half way through reading my chapter - and I've had to stop so that our dog can bark at the fox in the sheep field at the bottom of the garden. I just want to say (again) ISN'T THIS A WONDERFUL STORY. (And I am SO lucky to have had so many great chapters to read!! And in this chapter is the wonderful moment when John and Bella are reunited!!! :thumbs:
Both had expected to see something very different from the real Lizzie Hexam, and thus it fell out that she became the unconscious means of bringing them together.
I think the fox has gone now!!! - any remaining background barking is someone else's dog.
Last edited by Hawden on June 9th, 2007, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alan
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

Why is it that every chapter seems to be the best!!!!?

I have read OMF many times, listened on tape and video many more times; much as I love the book I have always felt Bella's 'coming round' to be a little contrived. Now, having read the chapter aloud I understand that it was my understanding, not Dickens' craftmanship, that was at fault.

In 3:9 (when read carefully) Dickens clearly makes Bella's change of heart believable and a reasonable reaction to her experiences. And it has been a GREAT pleasure to read. Thank you, thank you, thank you once again, opheliad, for master-minding this wonderful project.

I will edit my chapter tomorrow!

Stiff Upper Lip!
Alan
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded Section 42, that is, Book 3 Chapter 09 to:
http://librivox.earthcallingdavid.com/mutualfriend/ourmutualfriend_bk3_09_dickens.mp3

And thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

What Ho!
Alan
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Wonderful news, Hawden - our book is now complete! Just awaiting final editing. Hooray!! A big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this project. :D :D
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hi all,

Just wondering who is doing the editing? A quick skim through the magic box, and it seems most edits are minor and easily done. What's the plan? I mean, it wouldf be great if we could catalogue it this weekend.

David