[COMPLETEGroup, Teen Adventure] The Child of the Moat, Holborn - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

That you, Beth. Your comments are very kind and mean a great deal. :9:

Thank you for picking that note up. Some place between my eyes, brain, and tongue I decided to make up my own word.

Here is the correction. I replaced from 6:27-6:47. The voice match isn't perfect but hopefully with it being a paragraph it won't be too disturbing for listeners.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/childofthemoat_28_holborn_128kb.mp3 20:41

I would like to continue on with sections 29 and 30, please.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 28 is now PL OK - nice edit! I didn't notice any difference in sound quality at all! (And incidentally, I do the same thing usually - if I have to patch in a section I re-record the whole sentence/phrase/paragraph to minimise the sound change!)

You are also in the MW for sections 29 and 30! :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Beth, when I previewed the next chapters I missed a prayer in Latin near the end of chapter 29. The footnote is the English translation. Is it acceptable to just read the English?

Benedicat vos omnipotens Deus, in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.”[30]

[30] May almighty God bless you, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sorry, no, I need you to at least take a stab at the Latin before giving the translation. Latin is easy though, just read it as it looks. Pronounce the final vowels and De-us is two vowel sounds, but otherwise it's pretty easy. You can just record that bit if you'd like me to listen to it first? Then say "Footnote" or "translation" and give the English.
linny

Post by linny »

Beth,
I'm sorry but I need to give 29 back. I've been trying to get the pronunciation correct and I don't feel comfortable with it. If it was anything other than a prayer I would keep the section but I don't feel right about it. I'm sorry.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That's fine, I can read that chapter myself - unless you want me to quickly record a demo of the Latin? Once you've heard it, the pronunciation is easy! I mostly sing in Latin, but I can say it if I concentrate!

Or did you want a different chapter?
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Just a note, I'm still working on this, I'm in editing right now. I'm finding it a little difficult because I apparently add "s" where there is none and leave it off in other places! It is all recorded, however, and mostly edited. With the holidays upon us, it might be more difficult for me to get to it, will that be a problem?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Not at all! This project still has a lot of open sections, so speed is not a priority.
linny

Post by linny »

I'm checking in as well. I have 3 more chapters on a Christmas solo and then I'll be back here. I'll keep chapter 29. My husband agreed to work with me on the Latin. I knew marrying a Catholic would come in handy. :wink:
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Elizabby wrote:Not at all! This project still has a lot of open sections, so speed is not a priority.

Thank you! Still trying to get caught up!
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I would like to claim

Chapter 8: Remorse
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Welcome to the project!
Kerikerikeri1

Post by Kerikerikeri1 »

Hi there! May I please take Chapter 7, Death?

Thanks!

Keri
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Keri and welcome to the project! Thanks for doing your 1 minute test first! :thumbs:

I'm happy to accept your claim - thanks for your interest! In order to put you in the Magic Window I need the name you want to appear in the catalogue? This can be your real name, or anything else you like, but as it is read into the audio files it is difficult to change it later. This is the part where you say "Read by ..."

You can start recording whenever you like! We don't have an official DPL on this project, so for now I'm doing it myself.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Ah! Only 1 day late from the original due date! Thanks for the extension.

Secrets:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/childofthemoat_02_holborn_128kb.mp3
30:05

Please let me know if I should add another 5 seconds of silence at the end, the actual recording came just under 30 minutes, and it only went over after the silence was added. I'll update once it's listened to, if need be.