[SOLO] War & Peace Vol 3 by Tolstoy (Dole) - maryann

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

War and Peace Vol. 3 (1812) by Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) . Translated by Nathan Haskell Dole(1852-1935).
[summary to be written, probably another quote from the preface]
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/warandpeace00dolegoog
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): Standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects (and hence the number of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro) [I’ll read the full intro at the beginning of each Part.]
    • "Volume 2, Part [number], Chapter [number] of War and Peace. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by MaryAnn Spiegel"
    • Say:
      "War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Nathan Haskell Dole. Volume [number], Part [number], Chapter [number]."

For the second and all subsequent sections within a given part, I’ll use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Part [number], Chapter [number] of War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Nathan Haskell Dole. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book and at the end of each part, say (in addition):
      "[End of Volume 1] or [End of Part [number]] of War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Nathan Haskell Dole."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  4. Example filename
    warandpeacevol3_##_tolstoy_128kb.mp3
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check out How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
MaryAnn

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, waddya say, Cubs are gonna win today!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Dave C will PL.

I've read through 24. I'll post as I get them edited, and then things will slow down to the usual slow plod.

MaryAnn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Adding to post queue. Beautiful weather today so I'm a tad behind in my PL chores.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great to have you on board Dave.

There is no hurry on the PL. We'll be here for a while.

MaryAnn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1-9 PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Dave,
Another batch is ready for review.
MaryAnn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

10-15 PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Dave. That's all I have to upload for tonight.
MaryAnn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

16-24 PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Dave,
Another batch is up. Editing is now caught up with what I have recorded.
MaryAnn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

25-27 PL OK.

Will finish the rest tomorrow. It's been a busy day. "Winterizing" the garden before the 30s get here next weekend.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

28-37 PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Dave.

I was doing yard work the last two weekends also - great weather for it! Did you check out the moon last night? Spectacular!

As to our our buddies in Russia, third of the way through in the first month. I travel a lot at the end of the year, so I expect to slow down a lot, but 1Q2017 looks very achievable! BTW, volume 3 and I am still absolutely lost as to who is who without a cheat sheet.

M.A.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Voted the "most helpful" review on Netflix, the reviewer says in the first sentence "just keep a sheet of paper handy to note characters' identities as they appear." And of course that's for the 3-hour movie not the book. Sometimes I watch the movie first as I then can associate a face with the character. Missed the moon last night.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Well, I'll just say, thanks to the Count for making it clear in the story that Mariya was falling in love at first sight with the man whose sister dumped Mariya's brother and who is already engaged to said sister's cousin. Now, is this the man that Mariya's brother wants to challenge to a duel? Or is that some other rascal?
:roll:
MaryAnn