[COMPLETE] Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist/Alexander Berkman-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

What happens with the status in the MW is
the reader changes it to ready to PL
the DPL changes it to PL OK or see PL Notes
the reader fixes it and changes it to ready for spot PL (I did that)
then hopefully the DPL checks and makes it PL OK

It's not so important in a fast moving Solo but it does help everyone when the threads get to several pages - wading through them can be a real pain, especially with group projects

Anne
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 0-5 are now PL OK!
vinal

Post by vinal »

I just got one done for today. I believe that is the last for the particularly long sections for at least most of this second chapter, so quicker progress will be made.
vinal

Post by vinal »

Three more today!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 6 is PL OK; however, I'm thinking it's too long for a recording. Annise, your opinion please. The file for Section 6 came in at 77 minutes and some change. I feel like the limit is supposed to be 72, but I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Section 7 is PL OK.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 8 is PL OK!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

MrsHand wrote:Section 6 is PL OK; however, I'm thinking it's too long for a recording. Annise, your opinion please. The file for Section 6 came in at 77 minutes and some change. I feel like the limit is supposed to be 72, but I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Section 7 is PL OK.
It's hard to come up with an exact figure - what we aim for is the length that can be recorded on a CD - as there are listeners who are unable to use mp3 players. And it seems to vary. I personally try to stop under 70 - which satisfies those listeners . When we've asked listeners what they like , most popular is about about 30 minute chunks - good for commutes, workouts etc .
It's a bit late to split this one so it's probably OK but as a rule of thumb if you go over 60 mins think about splitting .

I notice you are not entering the duration in the MW - that's my only check that all the file reaches the catalogue eventually - it's easy for bits to disappear in transit , they are moved from you to my folder , my folder to the "validator" and the validator to Archive so could you please add them ?

Anne
vinal

Post by vinal »

annise wrote:
MrsHand wrote:Section 6 is PL OK; however, I'm thinking it's too long for a recording. Annise, your opinion please. The file for Section 6 came in at 77 minutes and some change. I feel like the limit is supposed to be 72, but I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Section 7 is PL OK.
It's hard to come up with an exact figure - what we aim for is the length that can be recorded on a CD - as there are listeners who are unable to use mp3 players. And it seems to vary. I personally try to stop under 70 - which satisfies those listeners . When we've asked listeners what they like , most popular is about about 30 minute chunks - good for commutes, workouts etc .
It's a bit late to split this one so it's probably OK but as a rule of thumb if you go over 60 mins think about splitting .

I notice you are not entering the duration in the MW - that's my only check that all the file reaches the catalogue eventually - it's easy for bits to disappear in transit , they are moved from you to my folder , my folder to the "validator" and the validator to Archive so could you please add them ?

Anne
Will do, thank you.
vinal

Post by vinal »

Three more short ones done for today.
vinal

Post by vinal »

Three more done/
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 9-12 are PL OK.

Sections 13 & 14 need the "End of Section..." added.
vinal

Post by vinal »

MrsHand wrote:Sections 9-12 are PL OK.

Sections 13 & 14 need the "End of Section..." added.
They've been fixed. Wanted to record some more but I cannot.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

vinal wrote:
Real life interferring or something we could help with ? . You are making great progress

Anne
vinal

Post by vinal »

annise wrote:
vinal wrote:
Real life interferring or something we could help with ? . You are making great progress

Anne
Yeah it's school year and I study for tests. More recording today though.
vinal

Post by vinal »

Two more recorded, and two that I fixed are ready for second PL.