COMPLETE Caliban by the Yellow Sands by MacKaye-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

silverquill wrote:Okay, well I really want to read Lorenzo, my first ever role on stage!

If there is another part that doesn't conflict with this, I'd be glad to take it on too. Unfortunately, it looks as if Ariel appears in the same scene, which would be my second pick, but I'm open to another section
I'll sign you up for Lorenzo, thank you! :)
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi, I could do Ariel, if you think I'll fit:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Rose25 wrote:Hi Am new to the forum. this is my test file
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rose25.mp3 I would read for the narrator parts if my test file is satisfactory. You can sign me up with just my username Rose25. :D
Rose,
There is an issue with your test file. For that reason, I'm going to move it over to the Listeners Wanted forum where we handle tests. We can work out the issues there. You will find your test file, and the comments on it, here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62435 It's a pretty easy fix and once you get the correct bit rate as you export, you'll be ready to record over here.

Meantime, I've quoted your post above, so that the BC on this project can address your claim for a part in this project.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded to recover any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

Specifically for this project, I can tell that there was activity in the forums since September 15. Can’t tell exactly what . . . but we probably have a few things to do to get this project brought current again. Here are the instructions for projects with activity since September 15th:

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

For BCs: If you remember any claims to your project, please enter them again into the MW.
For readers:
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate.

MaryAnn
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

thanks MaryAnn.

this is certainly an exciting time to be a brand new BC. hopefully we can figure it out without too much trouble.
Kristingj wrote:Hi, I could do Ariel, if you think I'll fit:)
this is still yours-- I'll add you back to the MW right now.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great Attitude! We will work through it because we have a great team - all across LV! :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

thanks! I remember PLing that one, so I marked it PL okay.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

It just never got assigned to me in the MW. Thanks, though.
~ Larry
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

silverquill wrote:It just never got assigned to me in the MW. Thanks, though.
I can probably go back and check that too. it looks like originally the BC had roles grouped together, and Lorenzo is in with some others--
Actor 4
1: Pandarus / Ghost of Caesar
2: Hamlet / Mercutio / Lorenzo
3: The Duke / Evans / King Henry
are you interested in these other roles also? it would be great to have you take them on if you can!
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Yes, the BC had grouped them together because they were all relatively small and didn't conflict with each other.

MaryAnn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I don't remember these being grouped. Lorenzo was Section 3 by itself, but may it was they way it was organized so it wasn't clear to me. Nonetheless, I would be glad to add the other parts. I'm in a time crunch right now with a lot going on, but I'll get it on my list.

Thanks for stepping in, Amelia!
~ Larry
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

that is wonderful!
I've assigned all the rest of "Actor 4" to you. it is a fair number of small roles, so thank you thank you! no rush, just get to them when you can.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

I think I will take a stab at the Narrator, in an attempt to move this project along a little. hopefully I can figure out exactly all the parts that belong to that role...
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Will you please put me down for "voices from within" et al?
Thanks.
MaryAnn