[COMP]The Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Excellent, thanks to both of you! The MW has been updated.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Wow, long chapter, thanks!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 18 - start of the intro got cut off. It hilariously starts as "pter 18" (at least on a Monday, it's hilarious to me LOL)

19-21 are PL OK!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MrsHand wrote:Section 18 - start of the intro got cut off. It hilariously starts as "pter 18" (at least on a Monday, it's hilarious to me LOL)
Here's Chapter 18, ready for spot PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/maryfrancesknittingandcrochetingbook_18_fryer_128kb.mp3 (3:18)

Haha, glad to enliven anybody's Monday! :wink:
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Twinkle88 wrote:
MrsHand wrote:Section 18 - start of the intro got cut off. It hilariously starts as "pter 18" (at least on a Monday, it's hilarious to me LOL)
Here's Chapter 18, ready for spot PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/maryfrancesknittingandcrochetingbook_18_fryer_128kb.mp3 (3:18)

Haha, glad to enliven anybody's Monday! :wink:[/quote]

18 is now PL OK!
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

I would like to claim sections 36 and 37. I have a couple of questions.
1) Is the Gutenberg text acceptable to use? The Archive text is still listed in the project post but I saw a Gutenberg link in the thread.

2) For section 37 would it be acceptable to add the following reader's note before the instructions?
"Reader’s note: The patterns which follow consist of: Infant doll’s crocheted socks, cap, 2 sacque’s, and a cape and hood. A doll’s crocheted coach cover, sports hat, breakfast cap, garters, shopping bag, sports sweater, flower basket, hand bag, bootees, and ball. A lady’s crocheted necklace, and purse. A doll’s knitted muff, and boa or stole, breakfast shawl, and sleeveless silk sweater. End reader’s note."

Also, end [pattern name] at the end of each pattern before the next begins.

It just seems like too big of a section with too many patterns not to give them a sort of "table of contents".

FYI: I've recorded 37 through the end of the first sacque. Based on this portion running 17 minutes there may end up being a need to split into multiple sections.
Last edited by linny on November 12th, 2016, 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

linny wrote:I would like to claim sections 36 and 37. I have a couple of questions.
1) Is the Gutenberg text acceptable to use? The Archive text is still listed in the project post but I saw a Gutenberg link in the thread.

2) For section 37 would it be acceptable to add the following reader's note before the instructions?
"Reader’s note: The patterns which follow consist of: Infant doll’s crocheted socks, cap, 2 sacque’s, and a cape and hood. A doll’s crocheted coach cover, sports hat, breakfast cap, garters, shopping bag, sports sweater, flower basket, hand bag, bootees, and ball. A lady’s crocheted necklace, and purse. A doll’s knitted muff, and boa or stole, breakfast shawl, and sleeveless silk sweater. End reader’s note."

Also, end [pattern name] at the end of each pattern before the next begins.

It just seems like too big of a section with too many patterns not to give them a sort of "table of contents".

FYI: I've recorded 37 through the end of the first sacque. Based on this portion running 17 minutes there may end up being a need to split into multiple sections.
Hi Linny! Yes, the Gutenberg text is fine to use as long as it's PLed against the Archive text. I'm confident they are the same.

I'm not too sure about the reader's note. There are a couple of other long chapters and no one else has been doing reader's notes so it might seem odd to have it for this one chapter. I would rather not include it, personally.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thank you!