COMPLETE Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

mightyfelix wrote:I did look, but I think that was it. I will upload all, but not until next Sunday (week from tomorrow), because I am out of town.
Oh, no worries! That's fine :)
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Still have some funky stuff going on with my mic. I haven't been able to work on resolving it because I've been gone. I'm going to try one more time to get tech support from the manufacturer, and then I will probably take it back and trade it in for a new one. I think it's the headset itself and not my computer, because my other computer seems to have the same issue with it when I plug it in there. And I only got it like 2 1/2 months ago, so... yeah. Hopefully can start recording again soon.
Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler »

got the intro fixed on ch.21 length is 26 minutes and 9 seconds. thanks for being so patient.

any advise on how I could improve

Thanks

Jeremy Buttler

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_21_macdonald_128kb.mp3
The one problem about problems is that there to easy to get addicted to solving. You come consumed by the process of solving and not on the problem and forgot the repercussions of solving them.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

mightyfelix wrote:Still have some funky stuff going on with my mic. I haven't been able to work on resolving it because I've been gone. I'm going to try one more time to get tech support from the manufacturer, and then I will probably take it back and trade it in for a new one. I think it's the headset itself and not my computer, because my other computer seems to have the same issue with it when I plug it in there. And I only got it like 2 1/2 months ago, so... yeah. Hopefully can start recording again soon.

I know that is so frustrating! I hope that you are able to get it resolved soon~
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Jeremybuttler wrote:got the intro fixed on ch.21 length is 26 minutes and 9 seconds. thanks for being so patient.

any advise on how I could improve

Thanks

Jeremy Buttler

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_21_macdonald_128kb.mp3

This file is now PL OK. Thank you for the edits! The biggest advice I can give you is to pay close attention to the first post in a project and read the introduction as it is scripted in those directions. If you read it as it is laid out in the directions just as you read the script of the text, you should do fine :)
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

I have sent a PM to Markpenfold about section 60 with the PL notes and request to reupload. After that, I think this project will be back to where it was before the software glitch!
~Maggie

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I got this email today in regards to my mic:

Dear Devorah,

Thank you for your response.

Your warranty request has been submitted and waiting for approval, kindly allow us up to 24 to 48 hours. Once approved an automated email with a tracking number will be sent to you, tracking can be done on http://www.UPS.com, it takes about 12 hours before the tracking number can be used. The expected delivery is 3-7 business days from the moment of shipping.

So hopefully the one they send me will work as well as this one used to, and I can be recording again in about a week-ish.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I've given up on Logitech, because they told me to allow 24-48 hours, and it has now been something like 69 hours and I still haven't heard back... Whatever, Logitech. So anyway, I took it back to where I got it, and traded up. What do you think?

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/mightyfelix_test_5.mp3

I'm pretty happy with the quality, but I'm a little concerned about this mic's longevity. After I got it home, I started checking some reviews, and there is some kind of known defect in this device that causes it to stop working after a few months to two years. I've asked for a little advice in this thread, if anyone wants to chime in.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Run time for Ch. 33 is 29:12. Please let me know if you hear anything odd in the background. Overall, I like the sound of this mic, but every now and then while editing, I heard some weird noise behind my voice that I couldn't identify, so I re-recorded some bits here and there.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_33_macdonald_128kb.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Here's my re-submission of Chapter 60, Arrangement and Preparation:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_60_macdonald_128kb.mp3

9:57 Run Time
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
mightyfelix