COMPLETE Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Kristin. Let's see if that's any better.

*Awaits the stampede*
Rob Marland reader section | website
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
avocado

Post by avocado »

I'll take Captain! :thumbs:
avocado
currently on break, will record in Jan: The Little Colonel's Knight Comes Riding
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

avocado wrote:I'll take Captain! :thumbs:
Great!
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
avocado

Post by avocado »

Here is Act 1 for the Captain. I'll await PL before working on the rest.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_captain_1.mp3 (11:14)
avocado
currently on break, will record in Jan: The Little Colonel's Knight Comes Riding
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Michelle (Jolly):

Act 1, 2, 4 and 5 PL OK

Act 3
A missed 'Omnes' line that should appear at around 00.19. "We will not fail."
1.32 mised Omnes "Yes". Probably no need to record this, as there are other isolated "yeses" nearby that could be used.

Avocado (Captain):

Act 1 PL OK. I noticed that you sometimes don't leave much of a pause between lines. Could you try to pause maybe 3 seconds between each line as you read the remaining acts? When editing a play together, this makes it easier for the editor to see where they should make a cut.

Kristin:

I noticed in the text of Act 4 a narrator's line I failed to highlight when I was preparing the script, and which was therefore probably not recorded: "[He kisses Wanton]". And, again, in Act 5: "[Jolly hugs Wanton.]" Sorry about that.

I also noticed that I had labelled one "omnes" line in Act 2 to be spoken by Capt. and Jolly. (search for "Omnes [Capt. & Jolly.]. Which?"). On reflection, this was probably a mistake. From the context, it makes more sense that the line would be spoken by Wild. and Care. In reality, as long as there is a mixture of voices, the listener probably won't see a problem here.
Last edited by RobMarland on October 30th, 2016, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
avocado

Post by avocado »

Great, thank you! Not a problem at all. That's actually from having deleted the empty spaces between lines because it takes me a while to scroll to the next line, haha. I will delete less of the silence before saving.
avocado
avocado

Post by avocado »

Captain Act 2 is ready for PL. Phew, that was long!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_captain_2.mp3 (21:40)
avocado
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

RobBoard wrote:
Kristin:

I noticed in the text of Act 4 a narrator's line I failed to highlight when I was preparing the script, and which was therefore probably not recorded: "[He kisses Wanton]". And, again, in Act 5: "[Jolly hugs Wanton.]" Sorry about that.

I also noticed that I had labelled one "omnes" line in Act 2 to be spoken by Capt. and Jolly. (search for "Omnes [Capt. & Jolly.]. Which?"). On reflection, this was probably a mistake. From the context, it makes more sense that the line would be spoken by Wild. and Care. In reality, as long as there is a mixture of voices, the listener probably won't see a problem here.

I'll PM Diana about the extra narrator lines.

And yeah, let's keep it as is, and if I feel like it sounds off when I edit, I can contact Roohi and Charlotte about it.
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

avocado wrote:Captain Act 2 is ready for PL. Phew, that was long!

Thanks!
Kristin

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

avocado wrote:Captain Act 2 is ready for PL. Phew, that was long!

You missed an 'omnes' line. (You won't miss these in future if you navigate the script by searching for 'Capt.', which will show all your lines). Just hit 'ctrl/cmd F' and search for 'capt.' to highlight the lines.

11.06 "Agreed; anything that breeds mirth is welcome."

12.20 I hear 'sword' pronounced differently than I would expect. I have a vague idea that in North America some people pronounce the /w/ but in the UK we say 'sord'. I know a Brit wouldn't understand what you meant, but maybe everyone outside the UK would? I'm not sure. Anyway, I leave it to your judgement if you want to replace it.

12.35 first part of line missing: "Faith, madam, it is our care of them."

End of file: The final line is missing " Faith, madam, we were resolved to be merry: we have not met these three years till to-day, and at the Bear we meant to have dined; and since your ladyship would have our company, you must pardon our humour. Here, Master Sad, here's the widow's health to you."
avocado

Post by avocado »

Thanks! :) Should I edit the main file or just give you a separate file with the missing parts?
avocado
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

avocado wrote:Thanks! :) Should I edit the main file or just give you a separate file with the missing parts?
Thanks for checking. The usual way to do it is to record the fixes and then edit them into your original file. Then reupload that file with the same filename, and paste the link here again. I will then spot proof listen.

Some people are not confident with editing, so if this sounds too difficult then you can check with a project BC if there is another way you can do it (e.g. uploading a new file). I generally encourage against this if possible, just because it makes the final edit a bit more cumbersome if lots of readers do this, but that's just me: not a policy for this project.
avocado

Post by avocado »

Not a problem at all, I will edit the main file. :) Thanks for proof listening!
avocado